“Attractive upscale hotel, worth the price difference for this area”

Hyatt Regency Long Island
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Reviewed 18 July 2017

My son and I stayed here for two nights in July while we were in the area for a lacrosse tournament. Initially I was put off by the price and looked for alternatives since we didn't really need anything special for this trip, but almost everything in the area was booked solid. After my stay I'm glad we didn't switch hotels. Compared to other hotels that I drove past (Hampton Inn, and Ramada) this hotel is one or two stars better.

The hotel is clean and well maintained, and smells fresh. It sits on the edge of a golf course which I believe you can get access to. There are both indoor and outdoor pools with towels.

We enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the Terrace restaurant on the lower level both mornings. The buffet ($20 adult, $10 children under 12) has many tasty options, including custom omelets, oatmeal bar, yogurt bar, fresh fruit, plus the standard hot breakfast items. Coffee and juice are included, and you can fill a to-go cup on your way out. Service was friendly and prompt.

We also had dinner at Nu on the lobby level with another lacrosse family. We ordered two 23oz bone in rib-eye steaks ($38) to share with the boys and a calamari appetizer for the boys to split. The calamari came in two separate bowls and for the quantity they delivered you would have thought we placed two orders. I was similarly pleased when the two steaks came evenly divided on four plates and perfectly cooked, medium rare as ordered. No charge for splitting an entree...

The room was nothing special (not much to complain about either) but the view of the golf course in back was nice. There's a towel holder that's ripping out of the wall in the bathroom that needs repair. There are no ice machines, but the front desk offers ice service. We needed ice for my son's thermos but they either forgot or took too long and we left without it. I suggest ordering ice well in advance.

The most annoying thing to me was an alarm sound that went off in a neighboring (seemingly unoccupied) room the first night at 4am and the second night at 2am and seemed to continue for an hour. I complained to the front desk the first morning and they said they'd would talk the guest in the next room (hotel was completely booked). Whatever they did, didn't help...

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the golf course vs the parking lot.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Not likely to come back or refer my other friends and family that need room blocks for special occasions. They confirmed a fruit platter the night before and that morning said there was no agreement in the contract. This would have been dealt with better if I knew it wasn't in the contract. Was not prepared to deal with this the morning of my wedding! Very unfair. They did in fact send one up but why did I have to stress making sure my girls had something to eat before the wedding?!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
2  Thank victoriaf43
Woochan K, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Dear victoriaf43,

Thank you for leaving us with this feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience you had to experience. I have shared your concerns with my team for the improvement. I hope you give us another opportunity to impress you in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Positives: Location, easy availability over a 4th July weekend, decent breakfast spread, neat lobby area and 2 swimming pools- indoor and outdoor, ~30 mins drive to multiple beaches nearby
Negatives: Reception staff seemed like under training, average rooms.
Worst point was that they charged us for water in the final settlement which we never used from the hotel. It is a hassle to call them and argue over it but it has left a bad taste.

Dear Manan_13,
Thank you for leaving us with this feedback. I am disappointed to see the 3 star rating but it will help us to improve to make your future stay more enjoyable and memorable. Please come back to see us so we can show you the Hyatt Regency Long Island at its best.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This is a typical 3-star hotel with delusions of grandeur. Rooms are fine but nothing special. Bathrooms are okay, but our room had a tub/shower combo with no grab bars or non-skid tub mat. The water pressure was fairly weak. Very busy with lots of wedding parties. Restaurant food was good, but service is very slow.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank karengail
Woochan K, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear karengail,
Thank you for leaving us with this feedback. I am disappointed to see the 3 star rating but it tells us to continuously improve to make your future stay more enjoyable and memorable. Please come back to see us so we can show you the Hyatt Regency Long Island at its best.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Well appointed hotel, as are all Hyatt Regencies. Restaurant staff is very high quality, and friendly (my daughter has multiple food allergies, and they were the most accommodating to make sure she got what she could eat). The hotel staff was very young ( I think hospitality students), very well mannered, and helpful. The hotel itself could use some upgrading, especially, the elevators. Only two out of three worked, and no useful displays on the outside to let one know which elevator is coming or if it is going up or down. The hotel was a nice venue for the wedding reception.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
5.1 km away
0.7 km away
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
10.3 km away
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!