My son and I stayed here for two nights in July while we were in the area for a lacrosse tournament. Initially I was put off by the price and looked for alternatives since we didn't really need anything special for this trip, but almost everything in the area was booked solid. After my stay I'm glad we didn't switch hotels. Compared to other hotels that I drove past (Hampton Inn, and Ramada) this hotel is one or two stars better.
The hotel is clean and well maintained, and smells fresh. It sits on the edge of a golf course which I believe you can get access to. There are both indoor and outdoor pools with towels.
We enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the Terrace restaurant on the lower level both mornings. The buffet ($20 adult, $10 children under 12) has many tasty options, including custom omelets, oatmeal bar, yogurt bar, fresh fruit, plus the standard hot breakfast items. Coffee and juice are included, and you can fill a to-go cup on your way out. Service was friendly and prompt.
We also had dinner at Nu on the lobby level with another lacrosse family. We ordered two 23oz bone in rib-eye steaks ($38) to share with the boys and a calamari appetizer for the boys to split. The calamari came in two separate bowls and for the quantity they delivered you would have thought we placed two orders. I was similarly pleased when the two steaks came evenly divided on four plates and perfectly cooked, medium rare as ordered. No charge for splitting an entree...
The room was nothing special (not much to complain about either) but the view of the golf course in back was nice. There's a towel holder that's ripping out of the wall in the bathroom that needs repair. There are no ice machines, but the front desk offers ice service. We needed ice for my son's thermos but they either forgot or took too long and we left without it. I suggest ordering ice well in advance.
The most annoying thing to me was an alarm sound that went off in a neighboring (seemingly unoccupied) room the first night at 4am and the second night at 2am and seemed to continue for an hour. I complained to the front desk the first morning and they said they'd would talk the guest in the next room (hotel was completely booked). Whatever they did, didn't help...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the secret to blending relaxation with endless attractions – discover Hyatt Regency Long Island. Stylishly casual, elegantly inviting, this Long Island New York hotel is a resort-like retreat in the heart of the action. No other Long Island hotel offers so much in such a convenient spot. From our secluded setting just off the LIE, you can tour area wineries, kick back on Jones Beach or Fire Island, gaze at incredible homes in the Hamptons or spend the day in NYC. Within our grounds, you'll find 160 acres filled with championship golf, pools, gorgeous views, irresistible dining, extensive event venues, and luxurious guestrooms with pampering amenities. Uncover this hidden escape at the most unique of hotels in Long Island, New York. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Long Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Long Island Hotel Hauppauge
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Hauppauge
- Hyatt Long Island
- Hyatt Windwatch