Our baseball teams stayed here this past weekend for a tournament. The hotels was nice enough but lacked service for a full service hotel. I wouldn't rush back there but wouldn't be opposed to staying there again.
The hotel has 10 floors and three elevators of which only two seemed to be working. As you can imagine, service was VERY slow often having to wait for multiple elevators just to go up or down. I would recommend a lower floor and take the stairs if able.
There are no ice machines on the individual floors. We had to go to the lobby bar to get ice. This was very inconvenient since it was so warm and several trips were necessary.
The outdoor pool was only open until 8pm which seems a little early since the sun didn't go down until quite a bit later. There was ample seating around the pool and outside areas. Our teams ordered food from the restaurant and ordered pizza and ate it outside. Lots of room to do this.
The bar/restaurant in the lobby had average food but did not get our order correct. We ordered for 8 people and the waitress tried to do it from memory. There is nothing wrong with writing things down! They did correct the order though.
Since we arrived a little before check-in time, our rooms were not ready so we ran to a couple stores. The woman at the front desk told us they would call my cell when our rooms were ready. The call never came. We went back and found the rooms to be ready. This was not really a big deal since we had something to do but do check back if this happens to you. The front desk was very accommodating during check in. They were able to change our rooms so the two of them were right next to each other even though they were not connecting.
Our room appeared clean upon check in but I did notice a drip of what looked like a milkshake down the side of the nightstand. I am the type of person that wipes down the counters, remote, phone, etc so I found this to be a bit gross but not a deal breaker.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the secret to blending relaxation with endless attractions – discover Hyatt Regency Long Island. Stylishly casual, elegantly inviting, this Long Island New York hotel is a resort-like retreat in the heart of the action. No other Long Island hotel offers so much in such a convenient spot. From our secluded setting just off the LIE, you can tour area wineries, kick back on Jones Beach or Fire Island, gaze at incredible homes in the Hamptons or spend the day in NYC. Within our grounds, you'll find 160 acres filled with championship golf, pools, gorgeous views, irresistible dining, extensive event venues, and luxurious guestrooms with pampering amenities. Uncover this hidden escape at the most unique of hotels in Long Island, New York. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Long Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Long Island Hotel Hauppauge
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Hauppauge
- Hyatt Long Island
- Hyatt Windwatch