All reviews front desk white plains the concierge lounge guest parking separate building long walk restaurant bar housekeeping staff guest rooms indoor pool tennis courts mini fridge the entire staff off the highway parking lot fitness center new york
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 weeks on business. The hotel is ok, the lobby is nicely decorated and the reception staff is nice. The first week my room was on the 3rd floor and more dated than the room I got the second week on the 5th floor. The housekeeping the first week wasn’t up to scratch, I had to tip to get the toiletries replenished and an M&M on the carpet left from the previous guests was never hoovered lol. The second week the housekeeping was a lot better. I used the lounge and the food was nice albeit very repetitive.
The hotel is remote, there’s nothing to do around. I never tried the swimming pool or the gym but I walked around and the grounds are nice. Lots of corporate functions and weddings. I would stay again if I get a good rate but otherwise I might venture out closer to White Plains next time.

Stayed: May 2018
Jem A, Guest Experience at Renaissance Westchester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Hello Rals80,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid review. Among our goals are provide our a guest positive experience and make sure those experiences are consistent. We truly appreciate your feedback which has since been forwarded to housekeeping management. While we do understand there are more lodging options in White Plains, we'd rather not lose a guest due to an issue we can easily resolve. Should you decide to stay with us, please feel free to reach out to me @ Jemima.Asante@RenaissanceHotels.com.

Jem A.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Their staff - specifically, maintenance man Macro Perez, provided some special professional help to me. In re-stringing a borrowed electric guitar for a gig, it turned out I needed to remove the back plate which required a tiny screw driver. Marco Perez was there fro me pronto with just the right size tool. Later he searched for and brought a wire clipper for removal of the excess strings. Saved the day for me. He along with everyone else was courteous, responsive and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Hello Mike,

Thank you for choosing to discover something new @ The Renaissance Westchester and for your splendid review. We are delighted to learn that Marco- who is a gem to our team- was of help in getting you ready for your performance. We will relay your thanks to him. Lastly, it was our pleasure having you as a guest and we look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Jem A.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Melissa and the guys working in the bar provided awesome friendly service. I was staying here alone, and dining alone, they made me feel comfortable and welcome.
The food was delicious, and when my french fries did not arrive at the table, Melissa took them right back into the kitchen. Even the people bussing tables were friendly and smiling. The front desk employees were also kind and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Wendy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our in-house restaurant, The Hive Living Room & Bar. We are especially delighted to learn how accommodating Melissa, Alvin, Adele, and Gary were to you during your visit. They are truly valued members of our team and I'll be sure to relay your thanks. It was our pleasure having you and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Jem Asante

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Beautiful facilities. You'll get a workout walking from your room to dining in the conference facilities! Staff is super friendly and accommodating; restaurant is killer! Not a ton of space to walk around the facilities, but plenty of windows to space out gazing into verdant nature! Bumping scene in the restaurant after hours on weekend nights. A restful & wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank stephaniesample
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Not a bad hotel and it does look like the rooms were upgraded recently as the fixtures were nice looking. The rooms look fair, the building is either old looking or maybe it's the architecture of the area.

We arrived late on a Friday and they were extremely busy with a church conference. The front desk was polite and welcoming. I wish they were more forthcoming with information though. Nowhere on the website does it mention breakfast so I wasn't sure if it was included or not. After staying at many Marriott's, we sort of expect free breakfast. I had to ask if breakfast was included, which is wasn't, but nothing else was said, for example "Yes, there is breakfast but it's extra." All I received was the answer to my question of "Is breakfast included in the rate?" Answer "No, it is not." Technically she answered my question but she should know there would be follow up questions to her short response...so while the receptionist was friendly and all, she just answered my question and that was it. Nothing more.

Same with the Wi-Fi. I've come to expect free Wi-Fi and the password is usually either written on the key card folder or a combination of the room number and last name. There is no free Wi-Fi. Standard Wi-Fi is $12.95 per day and enhanced Wi-Fi is $17.95 per day.

Our shower was slow to drain and I spent my entire shower standing in the ankle deep water. The bathroom did not have enough space to place our toiletries on. It was kind of small-ish. The tub shower only had a stationary glass panel (half a glass partition) so the floor did not remain dry throughout the shower.

Housekeeping knocked on our door on checkout day at 9:30am. Checkout is at noon. We were still sleeping.

The hotel is in a lovely wooded area and about a 20-30 minute drive from the city I think. So while not the best of stays, it was okay. Nothing would make me say "Oh I will definitely be back!" There are plenty of other options close by.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family