“Thursday night price fixe”

Edge Water Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Hampton Bays
Price range: USD 10 - USD 40
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: At the Edgewater Restaurant, we're all about the experience. We work really hard to create and maintain a calming, tranquil escape, where you can get away from the annoyances of everyday life and just relax with your company. Here you can choose to lose yourself somewhere between the serene water views and the delicious servings of our expertly crafted food. Diners can choose to dine on the Deck, with a breathtaking view of Shinnecock Bay, or to dine inside, where an assortment of windows tease at the gorgeous view in a more intimate setting. Our staff is here to fulfill your every request, you will find them polite, personable and dedicated to providing you with a memorable experience. Our experienced chefs take great pride in our menu, offering a selection of delightful dishes that are sure to leave you satisfied, including our popular stuffed flounder, delectable pastas and fresh clams. If you seek a vacation without the travel time, come dine with us.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Our friends told us the food was great when they went there a week ago. We all were underwhelmed. The price fixe meatball appitizer was great, the crab bisque was underwhelming. I had the chicken milanese. The first bite was all gizzle, the second bite was dry. I couldn't eat the rest of the chicken. There was styrofoam in the bread pudding.
The bread basket was very dry.

John V, Owner at Edge Water Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

There is nothing we care about more than giving our customers a truly memorable dining experience, and I apologize that your visit here left you with such a different impression. Everything we prepare is done so with great care and attention, and the concerns you mentioned will be addressed immediately. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and here's hoping that we get the chance to welcome you back again for the true five-star treatment we believe in.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We have passed this restaurant many times but were never inclined to visit until I saw such positive comments on Trip
Advisor. Many of the comments mentioned the delicious garlic knots but after being seated and served the basket of bread, I thought the warm Parmesan cheese bread was even better! We were pleasantly surprised at the early bird special menu from 5:00-7:00 PM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. All entrees on this menu are priced two for one with an additional charge of $4.00 for a house salad. I ordered the salad which was large with romaine lettuce, grated carrots, cherry tomatoes and olives with your choice of dressings. The salad was crisp and tasty until you finished the top layer of lettuce leaves and came upon piece after piece, 8 in all, of grossly wilted pieces of lettuce. When the server removed my plate, I explained that the wilted lettuce outline my plate was disgusting and unappetizing but nothing was done to rectify this.
My wife ordered the tortellini with mushrooms in a cream sauce which was delicious and I had the perfectly crisp eggplant parmigiana with pasta. The server was very accommodating as I was mistaken thinking the menu stated spaghetti while I was served Ziti but they graciously changed my ziti.
The wine selection was diverse as were wines by the glass. Rarely do you see a Barolo on a wine list sold by the glass!
As we ate our dinner, we were treated to a beautiful view of twinkling lights across the bay. Overall the meal was very good as was the ambiance. Service was adequate as my salad issue should have been addressed.

John V, Owner at Edge Water Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

I'm happy to know that your overall experience was a very positive one, Christina, although I apologize for the impression that your salad left you with. We truly do strive to make sure that every bite is the very best that it can be, and I will be addressing these concerns. Thank you so much for sharing all of your thoughts and kind words. They truly mean a lot, and I hope we are able to welcome you both back again soon for the full five-star treatment that we love to show our customers.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Very friendly atmosphere. Food is always excellent. Very comfortable seating. Staff very friendly, courteous, efficient.

John V, Owner at Edge Water Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

I am absolutely delighted to know that our staff has made such a wonderful impression, and it's of course great that the food has done the same thing. Thank you so much for sharing these kind words -- I look forward to having you back again anytime!

All the best,

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Waitstaff was great,friendly and accommodating but food was disappointing ; lunch starter presentation was appealing but can't say the same for the entree

While it's nice to know that you were presented with great service and a nice start to your lunch, I'm sorry to know that the rest of your meal didn't rise to the same occasion. Our staff most definitely strives to always deliver a dining experience that is excellent from start to finish, and I hope we are able to welcome you back again sometime for the true five-star meal that I know everyone here can show you.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

One of my all time favorites! I always have a hard time choosing what to eat because everything is delicious! My go to pasta is the memo - yummy! Friendly and attentive service. The view is lovely too!

Wow -- thank you so much, Nikki! It means the world to know that everything from the food to the service has made us one of your all-time favorites. I can't wait to share this with the rest of the staff, and here's to hopefully seeing you again real soon!