“Excellent food, but beware of the prices!”

Centro Trattoria & Bar
Ranked #25 of 82 Restaurants in Hampton Bays
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Description: Centro Trattoria & Bar is a classic and contemporary trattoria style Italian restaurant with old world charm in Hampton Bays, NY. We pride ourselves with using the freshest farm to fork ingredients in our homemade pastas, pizzas, small plates and mains. Aside from our plates, our extensive wine list is sure to impress and can be enjoyed in our lounge, dining room, bar or by our outdoor fireplace patio. Available for on or off premise catering, no party is too big or small!
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Do you think $19,00 for a tequila is reasonable? Or $30 for The Prix Fixe (fixed table d'hôte menu) = an entree and an appetizer or a few cookies? If so, then this is suitable for you. The food is good, if a little slow in being served if they are busy (and they are usually busy). Ambience is good. I loved the poster of a young, Sophia Loren, with the caption, "Everything you see, I owe it to spaghetti." Supper for four will easily run you $250.00 before the tip.

Morgan D, Public Relations Manager at Centro Trattoria & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We hope that you visit us again for some of our great specials like our Happy Hour with half priced pizzas, beer and wine. We also have some specials in store for the colder months so stay tuned!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

The restaurant is very attractive,the servers were polite . That's where anything positive ended. The food took almost an hour to come to the table. When it came it was a big disappointment. There were 8 of us not one person liked there food. The chicken cutlet pamargian looked like it was a frozen dinner out of the micro wave. There was very little sauce and a little slab of cheese. The pasta was not cooked . I had the price fixed dinner that was suppose to come with desert. They put a few horrible store brought cookies on a plate. Very unappetizing. The price was high for what you got. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone

1  Thank susan y

Hi Susan,
We are very sorry to read your review. The dishes you describe are not to the standard that we hold our dishes in both quality and presentation. We will definitely discuss your review with our team in the kitchen to ensure our signature dishes like our Chicken Parmigiana are up to our standards. We hope that you join us again soon so that we can have the opportunity to change your mind about the quality of our food.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I have dined at this restaurant at least three times a month since it opened with my family and friends and just love it! It's a great place to sit in the bar area for cocktails and dinner and also for meeting new people.The occasions that I dined in the main and smaller dining rooms have not disappointed either for the atmosphere, service or food. They have something for everyone's preference on their menu; seafood, meat, homemade pasta and vegetarian choices. All entrees I tried were delicious. Also appreciate the pre-fix menu on Mondays to Wednesdays which allow me to fit it into my budget and go more often. I've also attended their wine pairing dinners which were excellent! I have recommended this place to other friends.

Thanks for your great review and for being such a loyal customer. We really appreciate your business and that you are spreading the word. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

If you're in the area and looking for a genuine Italian meal, I suggest you try Centro.

I'm from San Diego and travel frequently across the globe.

Decor is new and clean...including the bathrooms!

Selection of wine is wide and deep for both white and red.

The appetizers are genuine Italian:

- Calimari & Shrimp is tasty and fresh
- Zucchini crisps are excellent...a must
- good olives...hard to find good olives
- bread with olive oil is very, very good
- must try the prosciutto and salami

Meals:

Highly recommend the pesto pasta with shrimp

Calamari salad was fantastic

Simple rigatoni was tasty and fresh

In closing, if you're looking for a good Italian restaurant on the east end of Long Island, you should try Centro.

From my global travel experience this is a restaurant pushing upward and striving to reach 5 stars.

It gets my vote!

Morgan D, Public Relations Manager at Centro Trattoria & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thanks for your great review Keith! Happy to hear that you enjoyed everythingfrom decor to the food and we hope to see you on your next trip to Long Island!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Food always fine and thoughtfully considered. Classic Italian and fine attention to detail.
The front end staff has lost touch with clientele, a shame for such a young venture. They will not think outside the box when confronted with customer satisfaction issues. They would rather argue from their perspective.
I asked if the kitchen could substitute veal for Chicken Parmigiana and would it be scaloppine and was told by wait staff that they could do it. I was served a Veal Chop instead an then then scolded by hostess for my mistake. Seems the kitchen doesn't do scaloppine (thin)..
Oh well, living in the Hamptons

Morgan D, Public Relations Manager at Centro Trattoria & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thanks for your review and for letting us know about your experience. We do offer veal but they are our specials and we apologize for the misunderstanding and communication. We hope that you will join us again so that we have the chance to change your opinion of us. Looking forward to seeing you for a great meal from service to food!