“Upscale Casual”
Review of Timber Stone Grill

Timber Stone Grill
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Hammondsport
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Ate here when passing thru town. Better than I expected! Had the Beef Tenderloin that was really excellent and mashed potatoes and creamed spinach that were all delicious. The bread was also really good and served with three flavors of butter! The funny thing is that the food didn't pair with the music ("Play that funky music white boy" and "Get up off of that thang" by James Brown - they need to be playing a modern jazz station)! But I would definitely return again for the food. Good beer and wine selection too!

1  Thank Timothy W

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

The food, great.
The service, great.
Wine and beer selection, great!

We had an all around lovely evening thanks to the service of Ellie (sorry if I got the name wrong).

Kudos to the owners and management on a great spot!

Thanks,

Ned

1  Thank Nedfred55
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had never been to Hammondsport before, so I spent some time looking through all of the area menus and picked Tinder Stone for dinner. Holy Cow! We were blown away. Our waitress, Tara, was wonderful and the food was amazing. The bread was delicious and perfect with the locally made wines. I ordered the chicken breast with fresh pesto, slices of fresh tomato, melted mozzarella and a balsamic drizzle, coupled with my choices of brussels sprouts with bacon and garlic mashed potatoes. My husband was more adventurous and ordered the Chef's Choice. Which could be three or five selections made by the chef. He picked the three choice option. Both of our meals looked like works of art. The chef's choice was exceptional. A beautifully cooked beef medallion on garlic mashed potatoes. An amazing bowl of chicken, spicy sausage, fresh vegetables, olives and a wonderful shaved cheese on top. The broth was really delicious. And finally, a decadent risotto topped with two large, perfectly pan seared scallops. We were in heaven and are still raving about the meal a full day later. The staff made us feel welcome and the food was what we hope for every time we go out, but an experience like this only happens once every couple years. I have only written a review once before and it was after a similar experience at another restaurant a few years ago. Thank you Tinder Stone, we will be back to Hammondsport, but this time, just to eat at you restaurant.

1  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Nice menu had lunch and dinner there on our last trip. Best onion soup I have had service was excellent too

1  Thank frank c
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The Timber Stone Grill was a perfect spot in Hammondsport for lunch and a cocktail. The services was impeccable. Our server, Ellie, could not have been more friendly and accommodating. The draft beers were all from local finger lakes breweries. The outside seating allows for a enjoyable lazy fall afternoon.

1  Thank Laura L