“Friendly fun waterfront restaurant bar”

Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Hammondsport
Price range: USD 10 - USD 28
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for steamers, beer, live music at the end of a day visiting local wineries. Casual relaxing yet lively atmosphere. Great live music inspires guests to dance barefoot on the deck; pro bartenders go non-stop; table service friendly; menu is simple and direct - reflecting the totally unpretentious unfussy easygoing ambience. Parking can be a challenge - but provides the necessary attitude adjustment - don't stress over it, so you may have to walk a bit when it's crowded!

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I hadn't been to the waterfront in many years and wanted to take my in-laws somewhere nice with outdoor dining to celebrate their 57th. To be fair, this wasnt my first choice but given the time we could go, my first choice wasnt open. Upon arrival, i was happy to see some updates to the interior since my last visit. It was a beautiful afternoon, and would have been great for outdoor dining. Unfortunately, and unbeknownst to me, there was a Sunday clam bake and if you chose to sit out on the deck to eat, there wasn't a full menu. So we ended up having to eat inside so that we could order off the full menu. We ordered various meals and our total bill for 6 of us was 150.00, which is average, but the food was mediocre at best. The entrees did not even come with salads or sides, nor were there free drink refills. I checked the website prior to going and maybe it mentioned the Sunday dining arrangements, I'm not sure, but I didn't see it and would have chosen another place had I realized it. I will not go back. Overall, very disappointing.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

When the sun is shining, breezes blowing off lake, and you're enjoying local wines....can't be bad. That said, service was terrific (wish we had servers name to thank her). We both had scallops, listed as a "chef specialty" and we were underwhelmed. Mine were browned perfectly but friends were not. Only had 4 scallops on mediocre pilaf for entree costing over $25. Included a few pieces of asparagus and looked pretty!

But.... awesome time!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We went to have dinner here after boating on Keuka Lake. Our party walked in and the hostess was so rude. She was rolling her eyes and acting as if we were bothering her. We asked to sit at a bigger table since we had a big party and we were told no because the waiters/waitress's do not come up that far. First, so customers are suppose to suffer because your staff doesn't walk up two tables! We brushed that off and had to sit at two different tables. They had all the windows shut and the air off, it was so hot and bee's were flying around. Finally after sitting for about 10 minutes, the waitress walks over and rudely says to us that she will be with us with a sour look and walks away. Not friendly at all. The hostess came back over and said in a nasty tone, your waitress is very busy and it will be awhile before she can even get to you! We finally got up and went to the bar and asked to speak with the manager. We explained to her that we had been here about 15 minutes and everyone has been rude. She did not want to hear it, so unprofessional. She then proceeded to ask us if we already ate?? I said what?? Are you evening listening. She did not want to hear what we had to say and was very combative. I finally said, I can see why your employees are the way they are, because it is a trickle down effect. If you treat customers like that, then they will too! We left, I would rather spend my money where the workers are friendly. I would recommend Lakeside. Customer service is so much better and cleaner.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped for lunch on a beautiful day. We sat outside on the deck and enjoyed watching all the lake activity! We also enjoyed watching the seaplanes. Our waitress was efficient and the food was good and served in a timely manner! We enjoyed the Hawaii Five O sandwich and the Bang Bang .Shrimp.