“Great burgers”

Burgers & Beer of Hammondsport
Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Hammondsport
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I did need to order at the counter. Also needed to pick up the order. The burger and shake were great. French fries were so-so.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

This was our first stop coming into the Finger Lakes from Ohio and it was a great, welcoming experience! I had the black bean burger with sweet potato fries and a Keuka Lake Brewing Blueberry beer (so refreshing). Great to see some local draft beers! The staff was friendly and welcoming! We sat outside in front right across from the green - highly recommend for a quick and easy bite with a cold beer. Prices were very reasonable as well!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Frankly, I was nursing a post birthday head, and had been at the float-fly in, and needed to tend to my hunger. I went to the bar & ordered beer, then food. I said I was going to sit in the dining area & when done, the young lady brought me the order. I did later notice the signs that said to order at counter, but either way worked. Very good burger & cut fries with skin on, just the way I like them. Very nice staff. Super selection of beers with very good descriptions and AVB. No prices listed, but they were reasonable, esp in a tourist town. I wish I lived closer to enjoy more often.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We only went for breakfast, which featured eggs, omelets, and the like, all quite acceptable. The place seemed busy when we passed it in the evenings too.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Burgers and Beer is a good place for a casual bite to eat. Their service is super quick and always fresh. I was a bit surprised that a place with 'burgers' in the name seems to be using non-handmade paddies but they are good quality at any rate. It's a great casual place overall. There is some seating in the front room but they have a larger seating area out back with more tables. There's plenty of places to sit and eat, as long as it's not too busy.

I wouldn't really recommend the 'buffalo wing fries'. It's just their french fries with wing sauce and bleu cheese. They got soggy fast, and for the $6 price, wasn't quite worth it. Otherwise, a GREAT value!