“Quintessential cozy mom 'n' pop restaurant”

Lynny's Country Cafe
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Greenwich
Reviewed 14 October 2016

During a spectacular foliage trip through the Greenwich area of New York State, the skies suddenly darkened and a misty rain began. By then it was 1:30, I was hungry for lunch and I happened on Lynny's Country Cafe on Main Street -- its appearance was appealing and I went in.

Three retired men, obviously regulars, were chatting at the counter with Lynny and they all welcomed me warmly into their easy conversation. The waitress made fresh coffee for me as I made my luncheon choice. I chose a simple toasted tomato-cheese sandwich and the day's special Turkey Day Soup -- a tasty combination of turkey broth, rice, turkey, whole cranberries and pieces of stuffing. All were wonderful and satisfying.

I still had room for dessert, so I asked for a recitation. It began with apple crisp and I stopped the waitress immediately. I'd already made up my mind and we agreed on adding ice cream. It all filled the soup bowl generously and topped off a perfect experience.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

Breakfast or lunch -- count on a bang for your buck! Great food, homey atmosphere, friendly staff --- STOP & EAT -- you will be pleased.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

If you love raw, and I mean raw bacon then this is for you. They Cannot cook meat whether a slice of bacon or a frigg'n hot dog, served raw ~ the meat hits the grill for 3.5 seconds (either specimen) and they serve it ~ I would not feed this food to a dog. I have seen the servers, with their kids in tow, sitting in diapers on the food preparation counters. I will never ever walk in this establishment again. The servers hang with their boyfriends, making out with them and ignore the customers. I rate this as below zero.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

The blueberry muffins are just about the best I've ever had. I had them with eggs Benedict which was equally delicious. My wife had pancakes and eggs. Top notch.
Great home cooking.Fast, friendly service. Definitely worth the trip.

Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

I can't say much more than this place is amazing. We were waited on quickly and with a pleasant friendly smile. They treat you like you're part of the family.

I had the Banana and Peanut Butter French Toast. Truly amazing and delicious. The potatoes are perfectly seasoned and you'll want more every time.

Will be back again!