“5 stars for the Price Fixe”

Bar Frites Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bar Frites Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Greenvale
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2016

Everything was good, but the $22.50 special was fabulous and an terrific price to value. A delicious and generous Asian duck salad, perfectly done Flank steak, the best FF I've ever had (I usually avoid if possible or eat a couple and bring them home to make corned beef hash), generous chocolate mousse that 4 of us shared. Wives had salads and stole a few fries. The Bento box got good reviews, but the short rib slider earned raves. A pet peeve in many restaurants is the failure to keep my water glass full (I always joke to alert the server), but not here. By 1 pm, the place was full. We ate outside under cover. Wish it were closer.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

Food is good as is service. If you want to choke on good food because of loudness, come to Bar Frites

Reviewed 7 May 2016

Been here numerous times with different friends.It is always busy at the bar and at the tables.
Service is wonderful and with a lovely menu and large portions. Something for everyone.
Food is always right on.It can get very noisy . The good part there is plenty of parking .

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I've eaten lunch at Bar Frites many, many times. It can get very noisy but there are a couple of dishes that are really worth the visit. I can recommend the Chinese Chicken Salad. If you need to count WW points, calories, fats, carbs or anything else - do not miss the spa lunches. I love the Black Cod but my friend prefers the lobster & avocado salad. Either way, you will be delighted. And if you love really good bread.....mmmmm!

Reviewed 25 April 2016

We have visited this restaurant a number of times over this past year. We keep coming back because the menu has something for everyone, the surroundings are pleasant and the wait staff competent. We especially enjoy lunch there.

I wouldn't call it a true French bistro; the menu is continental in its offerings, with a nod to some French favorites. The short rib sliders are a personal favorite, as are the fish and frites and chicken paillard dishes. The portions are generous and one order of frites can easily be shared.

While the bar area can be a noisy place during certain times of the day, we always ask for a table away from it and are usually be accommodated. We have noted a difference in the piped in music levels (depending on the time of day), so I am guessing that they try to regulate that sound according to the patron's requests.