“Great Experience(s)”

Agave grill and cantina
Ranked #10 of 74 Restaurants in Greenport
Reviewed 27 September 2018

As is our custom my wife Betty and I sample the restaurants in our hometown of Greenport, NY - with an emphasis on the ones we expect to be better than most. This time we made our second visit to Agave. We usually don't review a restaurant without at least two experiences. In July 2018 we had a dinner that included 9 friends from Brooklyn, Staten Island, East Williston and Coram. I polled our group at the end and they were completely satisfied and impressed with the, food, the price and the Front Street location downtown with its view of the water, the park and the marina. Tonight my wife and I had dinner at the bar. We shared a green pepper starter and had two great entrees. This restaurant is an outstanding establishment with a fine menu and full bar. It will not disappoint. The bartenders and waitresses are diligent and helpful. This one is worth a try. Enjoy!

Reviewed 26 September 2018

This is a cute mexican restaurant with super friendly staff. Their service was outstanding and the food & drinks are delicious! I totally enjoyed my dinner here!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

This is a comfortable upscale Mexican restaurant. It is a nice design that can seat large groups.They will adjust many courses to make them vegetarian. The service is wonderful, friendly & professional.
Best place I’ve been in a while

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Agave is the real deal for off the charts delicious Central American cuisine. Last night we had the enchiladas with mole and pollo poblano which were excellent but the star of the show was the home made tomale on special. I used to think this was our secret spot for amazing food but the New York Times caught on last month so the cats out of the bag. Go immediately if you can get a table! The mole could rival Pujol in Mexico City and so glad they offer local Long Island wines

Reviewed 12 August 2018

We loved our dinner at Agave in July. Great staff, excellent service and wonderful food. The ambience is peaceful and refined, and the wine list was quite good. I had the chicken with mole and it was terrific!