“romantic dinner”

Price range: USD 26 - USD 48
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Frisky Oyster offers imaginative cuisine in a sophisticated, metropolitan atmosphere craved by locals and visitors for years. Our menu changes daily to showcase the most exceptional, local ingredients. The local and international wine list is personally selected to compliment the current menu. Starting at 5pm, we offer dinner in our stylish dining room or at the buzzing bar. DJ Frisky turns up the beat as the energy level rises after 9pm.
Reviewed 17 August 2015

Frisky Oyster is located in the heart of the village. Good place for a romantic dinner or a cocktail at the bar.I think it is the best restaurant in Greenport. Service was excellent and knowledgeable of the nightlife in the area. Bartender even suggested where to go for live music after dinner.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

This restaurant is a winner in my book.
The service was great and the food was just excellent...
Everything was prepare just right.
My only little complaint was the music was a tad too loud and may it difficult to be heard.

But that will not stop me from going there again.

My husband and I simply love the place and the odd looking layout.

K.S

Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

Our pretentious and obnoxious busboy actually ruined our dinner. My guest made a joke and the busboy pretended not to get it and corrected his pronunciation and spelled the word for us. Really. The mispronunciation obviously was the joke. I was outraged by his absurdly pretentious attitude and explained the joke to him. He repeated his rude and pretentious responses. It was so far from any semblance of a friendly and hospitable attitude the restaurant should be ashamed. This busboy had buzzed hair on the sides and longer hair in back pulled into a ponytail. Food was good. Service was below average even disregarding the busboy. Three entrees came out without sides and without the fourth entree for several minutes. Not impressive. Overall not worth the expensive bill.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

I would love to give this place five stars, but I just can't. We had a reservation and were seated right away, but the server didn't come around for our drink order until 20 minutes after we sat. After she took our drink order we tried to order our appetizers but she left already. It took another 10 minutes for her to bring our glasses of wine. Our appetizers came out pretty quickly and they were delicious! The creamy corn soup I couldn't get enough of!! After we were done with our appetizers our entrees didn't come out for another 45 minutes. We were to a point of looking around wandering what was happening. We put our appetizer and entree order in together so we didn't know what was taking so long. Our entrees came out, and they were amazing! I wish I could give this place five stars and I would if I was just rating the food, but I can't. The service put a damper and ruined our experience there. When I'm up in the North Fork next time, I'll give it another shot because of the food alone and hope the service is better.

1  Thank Ashley F
Reviewed 14 August 2015

Just popped in for a drink and then dessert. The place was pretty and trendy. Service was excellent at the bar. Dessert was delicious. Definitely plan to go back to have dinner.