“Excellent Coffee”

Aldo
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Greenport
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

This is a great experience for coffee lovers like myself. Their coffee beans are roasted on premises. The coffee is then fresh brewed by the cup. Excellent cup of coffee. Very rich and bold, the way I like it. Only negative, I would have liked to see more varieties of pastries offered.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped at Aldo's for our first visit. The cafe is bigger than I thought and very quaint with a nice outdoor patio. Aldo was not in the cafe at the time. There were three workers who could barely understand English...and I mean barely. We asked if they brewed American coffee and they had no idea what we were asking...so we gave up. The crew was pleasant but clueless. We ordered one cappuccino. The coffee was strong but not bitter and there was no after taste. Basically the only thing sold here is coffee. I was a bit frustrated that the owner would hire people to serve his customers that couldn't understand nor speak English even a little bit. There was no way I was getting my question across to these workers. Just for the record, there were 3 workers and none of them spoke or understood English. While I was there, a woman can in who wanted to either pay an invoice or give them an invoice but the shop crew members were clueless. For the record, the majority of the customers are Americans from across the country as well as locals so you need workers who can understand simple questions and comments.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I can not say enough about this coffee. We stop in and get a cup each time we visit Greenport. The hot chocolate here is amazing.
Its the richest hot chocolate that you have ever tasted. It is even a treat to watch them make it!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 11 June 2018

After having been in the roasting business and coming in for a locally roasted coffee and trying it, I had to throw my cup instantly in the garbage. It was undrinkable. Sorry Aldo. Tasted burnt almost like charcoal. However, they do roast constantly in front of you which is a feature I LOVE and when they are roasting for quite some time, the neighborhood has a chocolate aroma.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Long line, but when you get to the front, you realize they have no system for determining who gets which coffee. So people take the wrong one, and in my case, my ticket was thrown out before it was filled. This despite Aldo hovering around personally. Either it's very hard to get good servers in Greenport or there just isn't the desire to make things more efficient.

Date of visit: May 2018