All reviews french room front porch shelter island cul de sac my husband and i water view bed and breakfast highly recommend this b b get away walk into town granola baked goods great weekend rest and relaxation great cook downtown greenport north fork of long island
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Clay is an amazing host who makes you feel welcomed and at home. He is an outstanding cook who truly aims to please. The rooms are clean and well decorated. Clay is a gracious and passionate person who just wants to make sure everyone has a great time. Once you visit you won’t want to leave. You need to try every pastry he makes..Outstanding!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
stirlinghouse, Owner at The Stirling House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Hey there. Thank you so much - you are making me blush! ; ) Come on out again soon! Thanks again for taking the time to help get the word out. I appreciate it!

Reviewed 23 April 2018

My husband and I spent a wonderful weekend at The Stirling House. It was a great getaway from New York City--quaint, relaxing, and with incredible breakfasts and baked goods served each day. Location is perfect and walkable to downtown Greenport. Clay is a wonderful host and a fabulous cook. Stay here!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank windowbird
stirlinghouse, Owner at The Stirling House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Hello, and thanks for your review. It made my day! I look forward to seeing you again soon...in warmer weather ; )

Thanks again

Reviewed 9 March 2018

My finance took me here for a Birthday Weekend back in June, and we had such a wonderful time minus our car breaking down on our way to the wineries! After a few hours of dealing with that we were so happy to get back to the room where Clay was there, heard our story and was so nice enough to recommend a beautiful winery right in town & even gave us a ride! It was exactly what we needed after a very long day! Room was nice, just like the pics. The breakfast was fantastic! Eating on the porch was just perfect with the view of the water. He also made the best cheesecake with strawberries that I've ever had! I was blown away to find out he was the chef/baker. Great host....always there when you needed something. Great place. Book here and you won't regret.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
stirlinghouse, Owner at The Stirling House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Hello! I remember that day. I am so glad you had a nice time. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate it! Clay

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

We are certainly talking up this quaint B&B to anyone traveling To Greenport and nearby places: location is the best,
room is cozy, breakfast is delicious, and afternoon pastries and white
wine add just the right amount of comfort. Perfect spot to park yourselves before or after winery excursions or walks around the beautiful Greenport.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elena C

Hello, Elena, thanks for helping me get the word out. I am so glad you had a nice time, and appreciate you taking the time to review us. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again. Clay

Reviewed 7 November 2017

My husband and I have been visiting Stirling House Bed and Breakfast for three years now and we love it so much! We have come each year for my birthday. Clay is the perfect host - he is kind, welcoming and an amazing cook! His breakfasts are so delicious and creative and we love to eat on the porch and take in the waterfront Shelter Island views! The bed and breakfast itself is so clean and cozy and just the perfect oasis for a peaceful getaway weekend. The rooms and bathrooms are spotless and beautifully decorated. The location of the bed and breakfast couldn't be more perfect - just a short stroll into downtown Greenport. This year we brought my parents along and they absolutely loved Stirling House as well! We had the best weekend and we all can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kristinmm1021

Hello there! Thanks for putting pen to paper and taking the time to write this review. It truly does help, especially from one of my favorite VIP guests. I hope your year is going great. I saw your new booking come in for this year's getaway and I (always) look forward to seeing you. Be well, and I'll see you in the Fall!

Thanks again