All reviews french room front porch shelter island my husband and i cul de sac sea salt water view bed and breakfast highly recommend this b b dietary restrictions get away the perfect host baked goods romantic getaway granola walk into town each morning
Reviewed 19 July 2016

We visited Greenport again and again we stayed at the Stirling house. The innkeeper had to go to the hospital for kidney stones and you might expect a train wreck. NO WAY. Cheryl did a great job and the staff pretty much fell over themselves apologizing and giving us a nice gift certificate. Cheryl is awesome, Clay the regular host/innkeeper is a superb chef and host and Greenport is a hopping little city. GO there and stay at the Stirling House. best Bed and Breakfast that I have encountered so far.

Room tip: Greenport room is quite nice
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
stirlinghouse, Owner at The Stirling House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Hi, Thanks for taking he time to write this. I am so glad you had a great time. The amazing Vermont beer you brought down helped ease my pain -as did the Maple syrup! See you soon! Thanks again. Clay (and Cheryl)

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Clay at the Stirling House B&B made our weekend in Greenport so special. Staying at the Stirling House was so relaxing -- it felt like home! We raved about the trip to my parents and are already making plans for a trip back in the Fall!

Also, I had read on the website that the breakfasts were home cooked, but I didn't think anything of it. I expected decent food, but my husband and I were blown away. Both mornings I can honestly say that the breakfasts are the best I have ever had! They were without a doubt definitely the culinary highlight of the weekend!

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
stirlinghouse, Owner at The Stirling House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Hey there, it's Clay ! Thank you so much for this wonderful review of The Stirling House, and my cooking! It is the whole reason I do this...to make the guests feel at home and unwind from their busy lives. I do hope to see you again soon. The Fall, with The Stirling House cookbook is out now. It is called "Bread and Breakfast". I am already working on the second volume! See you soon
Thanks again. Clay

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about Clay and Stirling House! He was extremely helpful in suggesting wineries to visit (which was the main reason for our visit), and his breakfasts and cookies are out of this world! You can tell Clay loves what he does, and we appreciated that he was helpful and available if we needed anything (without being on top of us). And as if our weekend visit wasn't wonderful on its own, when we returned home and realized we had left out iPad in our room, Clay drove to our house and dropped it off! We can't wait to return!

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank meyouwe
stirlinghouse, Owner at The Stirling House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Hello! Thanks for your review. I appreciate it.
I look forward to seeing you again soon ; )

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Just spent two wonderful nights at Stirling House. Our host, Clay, is a perfect host. The room was as advertised, large and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious as were the little baked treats left for afternoon snacks. The B&B was located within easy walking distance of the Greenport shops and restaurants; we loved it!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
stirlinghouse, Owner at The Stirling House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2016

Howdy! Thank you so much for taking the time to review the inn, and me! I really appreciate it. I am so glad you had a nice time. That is really why I do this. It makes it all worthwhile. I hope to see you again soon out here on the North Fork. Best wishes for your Summer, and thanks again! Clay

Reviewed 17 April 2016

The room, breakfast, and location with harbor views are wonderful. Clay is a great host; perfectly accommodating. Highly recommend for a romantic getaway. In addition, the restaurants and shops are excellent and within easy walking distance.

Date of stay: February 2016
1  Thank CarpeDiem321129
stirlinghouse, Owner at The Stirling House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate it very much. I must admit, I also enjoy the walking proximity to the shops and restaurants. Not having to drive home after a dinner with drinks is always a nice thingl. Hope to see you again soon! Be well and thanks again. Clay