“A Hidden Gem in Great Neck”

Brasserie Americana Restaurant, Bar and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Americana Restaurant, Bar and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 116 Restaurants in Great Neck
Price range: USD 15 - USD 50
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: The Brasserie Americana Restaurant, Bar and Lounge offers guests a Dynamic Menu utilizing the freshest seasonal ingredients. The cuisine is French inspired with a unique twist. Menu options range from flavorful gastro pub/lounge style favorites to much more elaborate dishes, which are all created to please the most sophisticated and discerning palates. The Brasserie Americana provides guests with a warm and welcoming environment. Whether one is seeking to enjoy a bar/lounge atmosphere or a spacious and sophisticated dining room, the Brasserie Americana is sure to please all. The Brasserie Americana also has a private dining/cocktail room for parties of up to six to relax and enjoy a homelike living room environment, while feeling miles away from the ordinary. Guests of the Restaurant may enjoy a variety of wines from their French/American wine list, a variety of premium cocktails and drink specials from the fully stocked bar, and a selection of domestic and International beers, which includes a handpicked selection of local micro brews on tap.
Reviewed 9 March 2016

mpressed.... Seriously impressed. From the moment we were greeted at the entrance I knew (really, i did) that this place was going to be a winner.

We were escorted to our table by an gentle with a warm smiles and a wonderful "good evening." I was surprised though that there was only one other family there. Later Mo explained to me that this restaurant (located inside a hotel) was primarily a weekday place and the evening only starts at the bar before and after the parties at the hotel. None the less...lets get down to the food and beverages.

We did the price fixe dinner that included four courses AND wine & Coffee... At $40.00 a head you could not do any better anywhere!

After Gloria came over and explained the price fixe option we immediately dove in and ordered (we actually had a head start since we checked all this out on open table.) There is a corresponding picture to each item i mention here. I am going to make this simple:

Appitizers:
- Shrimp Cocktail - Three large shrimp well cooked as to texture and 'snap' with a good amount of tasty cocktail sauce
- Ahi Tuna Taco - Two large tortilla chips (providing a good crunch to sit underneath the perfectly seared tuna, and avocado

Soup:
- Onion soup - very fast (without a lot of beef broth taste). Lots of well cooked onions and some seriously good cheese on top of a very crunchy that point.

Dinner:
- boeuf bourguignon - This was a delightful twist on the classic french recipe... The pieces of meet were more bit sized and I did not get a over abundance of wine in the cause, BUT... This was delicious. It was served with a scoop of a creamy mashed-potatoes on top which was perfect. Both my wife and I finished the plate and both felt that we ate something really good.

It was nice that since it's a four course meal they don't give you an excessive amount of food. Each portion was perfect and totally satisfying

Dessert - Crapes with Ice Cream - This was the perfect way to end this meal... Soft crepes with a rich chocolate ice-cream.

So.... I give this restaurant a five star based on the following items

Greeting
Ambience
Very attentive service
Excellent food
Plenty of excellent food
Attention to service

There is no where I know that you can get a meal like this in a location like this and walk away for the price they charge.

I am definitely looking forward to my next visit (will be this month) to try some other items on the menu.

3  Thank Joel H

Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

We went there three of us to thanksgiving. It was wonderfull. So beautifully arranged and such fresh and tasty food. The price is very reasonable for this big and good quality meal.

Reviewed 8 December 2015

The menu choices sound good but I did not find the execution particularly good. I ordered the fruit crepes for breakfast but they were greasy which was odd. I have never had a greasy crepe but this was swimming in something greasy. As I was finishing, I was brought whipped cream. I hadn't missed it. An automatic 19% gratuity was added. I don't like that type of policy especially when it isn't a big table- either raise the prices and include service or leave it to the discretion of the diner. I supposed the hotel thought it would protect the server but in my case the server got gypped because I usually tip at least 20% when I dine solo. However, I was NOT going to leave a supplemental tip of 1%.

Reviewed 16 November 2015

I stayed here on business. it is extremely convenient and within walking distance of many restaurants and the train to NYC. It was also clean and the rooms were spacious. The staff was very good as well. Make a reservation well in advance as it books up for both business and weddings which appears to a substantial portion of its business.

Reviewed 8 November 2015

We hosted a business dinner here and the food ranged from mediocre to awful. The wine choices were reasonable, but the entrees were a big bust. There was no real seasoning on the chicken or beef dishes, and the side dishes of rice and/or mashed potatoes were overcooked.