All reviews the pub the river fish and chips lamb for sunday lunch sit outside lovely food lovely view old building lovely room comfy bed heathrow airport fullers roast mains bank rowers
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Was in two minds about recommending this small friendly hotel.
I was thinking that such treasures should be kept secret.
The Hotel had clean and modern room, fantastic breakfast and evening dining and, wonderful riverside views.
Close to Thorpe Park and Windsor.

Only down side would be the parking, available in the evening from 5pm to 9am but limited daytime parking options.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Tash the manager was warm and welcoming, we stayed here as we were viewing a Barge to buy nearby the following day. The room with a balcony No 3 was great, great bed and coffee/ Tea facilities. View was amazing

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is one of the most beautiful hotels in that area! I like the building and the fresh renovated, wonderful rooms. I really like the second floor, there the ground is somehow not even and you sometimes feel like having a beer to many, but it is very unique!! I love the service - EVERYBODY is nice and kind and helps you with your needs.I ALWAYS go for Egg Benedikt for breakfast - and healthy fruits.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great Location on the Thames. Great to sit outside when weather is good. We arrived for lunch at about 2.30pm . Good food and when we went to order desert was told the kitchen was closed at 3pm !!! I would have thought an establishment like this in a prime location would serve food all day.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stop here regularly, it is one of the few waterside pubs on the Thames with secure mooring outside for boats. Sadly they are often full and so we don't stop as the public moorings on the other side of the River (by Staines town centre) can be unpleasant due to drunks and local oiks (friends of ours had their lines cut and we have had drunk/stoned local lads dancing on out boat at 2am).

The Swan however is on the other side of the River and we have never had a problem, with either the mooring or the food/service.

We stopped by last night and had another great meal in the restaurant overlooking the River. I had salt and pepper squid, harissa chicken and sticky toffee and walnut pudding. My husband ordered crispy pig cheeks, fish and chips and chocolate brownie. My only complaint was the coating on the squid wasn't very crispy and it was quite rubbery. The other course were all superb.

Our bill with pre dinner drinks and a decent bottle of white Burgundy was £110. Very good value.

The staff are also excellent, managing that difficult balance between good service and informality which I like. The manager clearly runs a happy ship.

We called back this morning for breakfast. They serve brunch to non guests from Monday to Saturday but sadly not Sunday, but when the duty manager found out we had been for dinner the night before she had a word with the Chef who agreed to serve us. A nice touch which we appreciated. The lady from Wellington NZ who looked after us for breakfast was first rate, a really good ambassador for the company.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple