All reviews wine spigot vinifera inn gift shop wine tasting tower suite dwyer suite billiard room bronze room gas fireplace seneca lake finger lakes white springs manor person shower the study sitting room jacuzzi tub romantic getaway
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had some time to kill so I went and sat at the bar here and enjoyed some local wine. Bartender was friendly without being annoying. Also had some tasty appetizers. View of the lake was spectacular, I bet it is even more beautiful in the late spring.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Went to celebrate our anniversary. Been there before for their brunch. Was hoping dinner would be just as satisfying. Was NOT disappointed! Everything from beginning to end was amazing! Thank you Sandy for the excellent service!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2018

We were here for lunch with a small party of three. The wait staff confused our order. Their attire was not in keeping with the attempted elegance of the property. The food? Well, two of us ordered salads and they were over-priced for what they were. And plates were cleared before the lady with us had finished.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank EltonWG
Reviewed 21 March 2018

My husband and I recently stayed in the Study Room for a Friday-Sunday 2-night stay. While the castle is absolutely beautiful, and the room was very interesting, I was shocked that the room wasn't kept up better. The bed was "okay", but the pillows are rock-hard. The television didn't work, but we really weren't hanging out in the room so this didn't bother us too much. We did want to watch the morning news from bed on Saturday morning, though, but weren't able to. The hotel provides you robes, however, there was absolutely no hook whatsoever in the bathroom (or closet area) to hang that robe. So you had to just lay it on the floor while in the shower. Which brings me to the next point - housekeeping REALLY needs some help. The floor had several hairs on it, and even the counter-top near the sink had a couple of hairs in the corner. Very gnarly! So I didn't want to lay my robe on he floor while I was in the shower, but had to as there was no other place for it (not even on the back of the door? come on now!) There were a couple of dead ladybugs up on the balcony. The strangest part, however, was that when we checked in there were only 2 tissues left and the toilet paper roll was 3/4 gone. There were no 'extra supplies' anywhere to be found. So my husband called down for more. Well the housekeeper showed up with a box of tissues. Cool. When he asked if she had any toilet paper as well, she said, "I don't know!!" and disappeared! She did come back with toilet paper but what a strange response to a guest simply asking for more toilet paper! Anyway...

I do have to say that check in and check out was very easy and the front desk people very helpful and pleasant. Overall we enjoyed our stay, but for the price you pay I'm a bit dismayed that the rooms aren't kept in better shape. Also housekeeping needs some work.

We also ate at both Stonecutter's and Edgars, I'll review those separately.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DianaSt_13
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

This is our third visit and they never disappoint! We have become addicted to their food and wine pairing dinners!! The fact that they are willing to offer the 6 course pairing of the month, not just on the group night, but other nights as well with advance notice, is wonderful! I have very high standards in quality and freshness of food and their creative chef never disappoints! I love that they use a lot of locally sourced cheeses, mustards and produce. Their wine pairing presenter/ educator, Morgan, is very knowledgeable and friendly and makes it a very warm and enjoyable experience every time, whether it is your first time or third. We love so many of their wines as well. They have a large variety of quality award winning wines and they have become our favorite winery!

They have always gone above and beyond with their customer service both with the accommodations and with the restaurants. One of our last visits we were running late because of a snow storm and they were shutting down the restaurant early due to the storm. We told them we had not eaten dinner yet and the staff stayed long enough to prepare our meal and have it waiting for us at the front desk when we got in during the white out. Zeke at the front desk was extremely helpful and went above and beyond for us when we finally arrived in one piece at 11pm and answered all our questions and requests. What a great place to hunker down during a snow storm or when we enjoyed 75 degree weather one April. We are looking forward to a couples massage in the spa next time we come! We highly recommend the Belhurst Castle, no matter what season you go or how long you stay. It is always a pleasure and plenty to do and see in the area!

Our St Patty’s day was made extra special today with the corned beef course too! Great menu this March and great job Chef!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple