“Room 112 Should Be Demolished”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Let me start by saying I totally LOVE Holiday Inn Express locations. This is the first and only bad experience I have ever had with them. Traveling on a long distance trip with my Mom, we called ahead and booked 2 double beds. When arrived they gave us one King. Went downstairs to change it, she did. Gave us DREADED room 112. Hotel staff know this is a "last resort room". It is 30 feet from the lobby (loud) 20 feet from the "board room" (where people were getting drunk all night long loud even after we were told they would be gone by 11PM), and right across from the pool. Worst off we get into the room, there was no towel racks (broken off), no hangers, and no blankets. Then this is the worst part: The headboards of the beds are 1 foot away from the elevator mechanical room. I got about 1.5 hours sleep that night, my Mom got none. It was insane, every ten seconds the thing is buzzing, clanking, SO loud. I can't believe they built a room next to the elevator like this with no sound dampening. It was HORRIBLE. This room should be converted into a storage room or something for housekeeping, NOT A GUEST ROOM. I don't know for sure but my guess is that rooms 212, 312 and 412 would be the same but maybe 112 is the worst because the mechanical room is on the 1st floor.

Only redeeming factor is that when we told them we aren't paying more than half off for the bill they said sure no problem right away and adjusted the bill. Everything else about the hotel is great, just as all HIExpreses are. Clean, modern, and the breakfast is great.

We just don't like how the front desk girl (Shauna) didn't warn us about the room. We would have gone to another hotel. She put making the sale in front of our needs, which was a quiet comfortable room.

Room Tip: DO NOT GET ROOM 112!!!! See my review for reasons.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank VolvoBug

Reviewed 26 November 2011

We were surprised by this room. It was very nicely appointed with new, dark cabinetry. It was also cramped, with little room to walk around. Even the bathroom was small - making it necessary to wedge oneself between the toilet and sink so the door could close.

All other aspects of our visit were typical of Holiday Inn Express properties.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2011

The staff at this hotel is awesome. If there any type of issue- They make it RIGHT! The assistant manager, Nancy Hogan Sullivan and her front desk associates ...well, it just does not get any better than is group of hard working individuals. This is more than a hotel- It's a family. I cannot say enough great things about this group...you are treated like royalty from the minute you enter this hotel. The breakfast is above average..The best part of the whole breakfast experience is to meet ROSE...This women is just one of the reason to visit this hotel. She goes out of her way to make sure everything "is just right" ..She will guide you thru the breakfast, including showing and the making of the pancakes. She has an awesome memory and will remember you on your next visit back to this hotel. The entire staff really goes out of the way to make sure your stay here is memorable.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Patti T
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Overall we had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. The room was very clean and in a good state of repair and the bedding was clean and crisp.
Breakfast was above average with scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage being served up among other things. Staff were friendly and attentive. I found the hotel rate to be above average for the area. Not sure why though? I agree the hotel is fairly new and maybe its proximity to NYC all contribute to a higher rate. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cdnands
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Easy access, easy off and on from I-84. New property I think, rooms are very clean and modern. Flat screen tv and appointed nicely. Comfortable bed. Staff member, a young man was a little abrasive and was not busy. Not really a deal killer. I think he was on phone with girlfriend. We've all been there!
I slept qnd took a hot shower, That's all that counts!

• Stayed: September 2011