Let me start by saying I totally LOVE Holiday Inn Express locations. This is the first and only bad experience I have ever had with them. Traveling on a long distance trip with my Mom, we called ahead and booked 2 double beds. When arrived they gave us one King. Went downstairs to change it, she did. Gave us DREADED room 112. Hotel staff know this is a "last resort room". It is 30 feet from the lobby (loud) 20 feet from the "board room" (where people were getting drunk all night long loud even after we were told they would be gone by 11PM), and right across from the pool. Worst off we get into the room, there was no towel racks (broken off), no hangers, and no blankets. Then this is the worst part: The headboards of the beds are 1 foot away from the elevator mechanical room. I got about 1.5 hours sleep that night, my Mom got none. It was insane, every ten seconds the thing is buzzing, clanking, SO loud. I can't believe they built a room next to the elevator like this with no sound dampening. It was HORRIBLE. This room should be converted into a storage room or something for housekeeping, NOT A GUEST ROOM. I don't know for sure but my guess is that rooms 212, 312 and 412 would be the same but maybe 112 is the worst because the mechanical room is on the 1st floor.
Only redeeming factor is that when we told them we aren't paying more than half off for the bill they said sure no problem right away and adjusted the bill. Everything else about the hotel is great, just as all HIExpreses are. Clean, modern, and the breakfast is great.
We just don't like how the front desk girl (Shauna) didn't warn us about the room. We would have gone to another hotel. She put making the sale in front of our needs, which was a quiet comfortable room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express in Fishkill, New York.If you're traveling on business, our hotel in Fishkill, NY, is convenient to IBM East, the Xerox training center and LAM Research and is just 15 miles from the Culinary Institute of America. If you're traveling by air, our Hudson Valley hotel is close to Stewart International airport (SWF). Albany, LaGuardia and JFK airports are also all within 75 miles of our hotel. For leisure travelers exploring the region's wineries or the Hudson River Art Trail, we make it easy to get around since we're off I-84 and convenient to both Rte. 9 and NYS 52/82. Our Fishkill lodging is a great place to stay when visiting nearby West Point Military Academy or Washington's headquarters at Newburgh. While you sample the many offerings of the Hudson Valley, let our Fishkill accommodations be your home away from home. This new hotel is 100% smoke-free and features high-speed, wireless Internet access in all rooms. Enjoy the heated pool and solarium to relax and rejuvenate after a day spent touring or hiking. Our Fishkill hotel is filled with amenities that make us a wonderful value. The Holiday Inn Express in Fishkill will make your stay as memorable as the area.Take a virtual tour of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Fishkill
- Holiday Inn Fishkill
- Fishkill Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Fishkill