“Toro is Terrific”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2015 via mobile

I sat at the Sushi Bar. Fresh clean delicious fish. I started with The Toro Sea World salad. I had the smaller size portion. Glad I did huge and plentiful. For my main courses with brown rice I ordered The Firehouse Roll and a Spicey Scallop Roll. All given a 5 Star. Highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

A must-go place everytime I am in Fishkill and Poughkeepsie area. Soup stew and rolls are my favourite.

Reviewed 25 September 2015

Good food but very cheap on soy sauce. I've never understood why. We did have some iridescent colors on the tuna that did not settle well with us.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

We ate here with family for a party. Lots of food to choose from on menu. Everything tasted very good. Prices were reasonable and service was good. Decor was elegant looking.

Reviewed 6 August 2015

I had a bibimbap craving while driving home from a business trip and was looking for a Korean restaurant. My first choice was closed and thus I "settled" upon Toro based upon a review I found elsewhere.

I haven't had kimchi jun since I was in Korea and it called to me. It was very crispy with a few veggies. However, it wasn't spicy enough for my taste - rather mild. But it was ok.

They started with a nicely done miso soup.

There weren't many banchan: kimchee, cooked beansprouts, pickled diacon, and greens. These were ok.

The gopdol bibimbab (or dolsot bibimbab in a stone pot) was outstanding. I got the pork version the meat was tasty and not overcooked. I love the browned and crispy rice on the bottom of the stone pot.