“Fun in the rain and sun!”
Review of The Grove Hotel

The Grove Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Cherry Grove
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

We took the ferry with friends to Cherry Grove. The weather was a little chilly and breezy. Being from Arizona, we look forward to weather like this. Our first stop was at Cherry Grove Pizzeria. It was just as wonderful as I remembered 2 years ago. Excellent service and food! We then. Went to the hotel and purchased day passes for the pool at the hotel. It was sad to see the damage from the fire last year, but everything was up and running as usual, except the rooms. I went down to the beach and had a wonderful time on the shore. It was clean and not too busy.
The highlight of our adventure was the trivia games at the hotel. We had a awesome emcee of the game and it was so much fun!!!! Everyone had a great time! Fun little prizes! This was a great activity since it was raining for a bit. We had missed our ferry so we needed to kill another 2 hours before we could leave and we found a hidden gem. We had dinner at Sandcastle on the Ocean. I had the Chicken, it was truly on of the best Chicken dinners I ever had. We sat at the bar and had the best bartender/server. He kept track of the time for us, so we didn't miss the last ferry of the day! Rain or Shine, Cherry Grove did not disappoint us!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 July 2015

A group of deaf friends who frequents this hotel for the annual Gay Pride weekend event learned the hotel never got around to hiring a certified ASL interpreter for the drag show. Some interpreter who happened to be around was asked to interpret for us -
Secondly, the lifeguard was so rude in forbidding my service dog and I at the pool deck area. I tried to write a note about the ADA law - he rudely and aggressively snatch my pen out of my hand. Shocked - I went to the manager who also denied me. We had to call the police - unfortunately the police was unaware of the ADA law too. Disabled folks are not allowed to be treated differently from other customers & I was forced to sit afar from my deaf friends in a corner unable to see the interpreter or performers well.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank RaVen S
Reviewed 29 March 2015

Fun place in the summer, just a block away from a cousin of a friend . Thankfully no one was killed , 3 firemen injured. Hopefully it comes back better than ever. I'll look fwd to that.
They could hurry and re build it, make it better than ever, it is important to replace a landmark destination.

Room Tip: It was a landmark, so I hear. I would add a photo, but it's too sad. -asn
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank ansophia
Reviewed 16 September 2014

its a great hotel, but it is what it is, small cheap clean, small rooms but clean and serves its purpose. best times to stay here are june and sept cheapest rates 69 to 89 a day or 10% off 3 nights or 20% 7 nights ,grt pool but freezing, plenty of lounge space,theme weekends,always busy but less noisey in june n sept, ive been coming here for 15 years, i love it ;)~~~~

Room Tip: get a room away from pool if you like quiet n pool side room if u like a party atmosphere all rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank david w
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Don't have a lot of expectations and you will be fine. As the other reviews have said, this is a place to sleep, shower and party at the Ice Palace. Do ask for a room facing outside and not toward the pool. We were here for a couple of nights and it was okay.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra to get a "deluxe" room and face away from the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 km away
Fire Island Hotel and Resort
Fire Island Hotel and Resort
#1 of 1 in Ocean Bay Park

Been to The Grove Hotel? Share your experiences!