All reviewsexecutive roomrochester areahole golf coursethe indoor outdoor poolbreakfast buffeteastview mallhot tubmini fridgerochester nyfitness centerhorizons restaurantgreat roomnew yorkweddingloungeelanpedicure
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

I had a nice day at the spa followed by a meal at their restaurant Horizons. I had a reasonably priced crab cake salad and a cappuccino. My server was very professional just how I like it. This is one of my favorite spas because I have never had a bad experience. Even though my former massage therapist retired, any other have exceeded my expectations!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2018

Stayed at the Woodcliff for anniversary and enjoyed location. Only issue is getting overcharged on bill. No mgr on duty to correct. Asked for manager to call me to get corrected, and almost a week later no response. I even called and left another message for management to call me. I ended up talking with billing and they took care of issue- after many calls. Very poor management. Still would love response on why they overcharged my account over $200??

Room Tip: Get price in writing before you stay
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phillups111
Corey D, General Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry you were unhappy with the way the billing was handled. I will address your feedback directly with our team. The confusion on billing was a result of having identical guest names, staying on the same night, on the same spa package. It is our protocol not ask for a guest's room number for security purposes, but in this instance we should have made an exception to make sure we got it right.
If there is anything else I can do for you, please contact me. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Arrived on a Friday for a 3 night stay. Not much to see from an architectural perspective but is far from a chain. There was a little confusion regarding timelines for the happy hour as well as breakfasts but we were able to take advantage of both none the less. We had the cheese plate at the bar for the happy hour. It was a little pricey for the amount of cheese but was very tasty. There was very little bread provided for the amount of cheese though and when we asked for more bread were offered a few crackers. The cocktails were very reasonably priced. Breakfast was included with our room and the buffet was fine. There weren’t any juices or yoghurts provided but the eggs were tasty as well as the bacon. Nice touch with the local jams. The eggs could have been a little hotter but were edible. On our second day, they were short staffed in the restaurant and manager Casey was amazing as she basically did everything herself. No complaints, she just did it. Our room was fine. Great pillows. The shampoos etc were all from China so we used our own. The location is just outside of Rochester but you’d never say it since during the day you couldn’t see anything but nature. There was a large Indian wedding being held in the hotel and the only unfortunate thing is that we weren’t invited since the food smelled amazing. We’ll definitely be back.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TorontoMichael
Reviewed 1 May 2018

I stayed for a conference 2.5 weeks ago. I left something behind and called the hotel. They said they'd get it in the morning and be happy to return it via Fedex. 2.5 weeks later no one will return my call and keeps passing me around. I still don't have my stuff and can't seem to get any answers at all. I've called 5 times, left messages for the General manager and no response. I'm not impressed with the customer service and its a good thing I'm not calling the hotel directly to book because I don't think anyone would pick up based on my experience in the last 2.5 weeks.
I'm really disappointed, there are many places to take my business.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ninn4
Corey D, General Manager at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Ninn4,

I truly regret that we didn’t handle things better in returning your personal belongings that were left behind. After receiving your message, I followed up with our Director of Housekeeping to ensure your items were located and returned to you. He did confirm that he was able to connect with you and the items had been Fedex to your attention. Based on your feedback, we have implemented a dedicated lost and found extension at the property so that future lost and found items are handled in one spot. Thank you for your feedback and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel when your travel brings back to the area.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

This was my 2nd stay in the Woodcliff Hotel and its a great place. I was upgraded to the Loft Suite on the 6th Floor. It was simply amazing. Great location and great service. My only critisism is at breakfast you have to pay extra for a glass of orange juice, and also while the serving staff are attentive they do tend to have some rather "moany" conversations about work issues well in ear shot of customers....not a massive issue as i say, was actually entertaining to listen to!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business