“Another pretty decent sushi restaurant”
Review of Sakura Garden

Sakura Garden
Ranked #35 of 106 Restaurants in Fairport
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 8 January 2018

I had a little spare time on Saturday, so I visited this small sushi restaurant for lunch. I found it to be ANOTHER pretty decent (but not standout) sushi restaurant that offered a tasty lunch special. I had the California roll and the eel-with-avocado roll, which was accompanied by a salad and a bowl of miso soup. These were both tasty, although I noticed that my miso soup had less in it than usual...it was mostly broth. The sushi was good though, and I enjoyed the eel roll. Overall, I though this place was good without being great, but I would go back again.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I tried Sakura Garden Sushi and Asian Food this evening. Perhaps I should have paid attention to my first thought about a place that does sushi and the very general “Asian Food.”

I ordered the Chirashi, one of my favorite dishes that I have eaten many times in the USA, Canada, and Asia. I have never experienced the presentation that Sakura Garden served.

First came a bland miso soup, lacking the usual tofu and scallions. The soup was served with an iceberg lettuce salad with a sugary dressing that was more Pennsylvania Dutch than Japanese.

The chirashi was not served in a bowl over sushi rice, but was served on a flat plate with little mountains of spiralized daikon and curly kale. One mound contained sushi rice that was more cool than warm.
The quantities of daikon made the whole dish too watery in flavor so that the sashimi wimped our.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Three rolls with soup and salad. I love the shrimp tempura a lot but all of the rolls are good. Service is quick, food is tasty. Prices are very reasonable as well!! Cheers

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Food is delicious. The atmosphere needs help!! Too much like a take out place to eat in. The portions are great- but they don't offer tea with your meal.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Great prices for lunch. Had 3 rolls, miso soup and a salad for like 12$. I love this place. The shrimp tempura roll was fantastic. All the rolls are great

Date of visit: April 2017