“Best In Town”

Ranked #9 of 90 Restaurants in Endicott
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Lampy’s is by far the best fine dining restaurant in the area. The service is stellar and the food is fantastic no matter what you order. They also bring out a huge appetizer platter with bread, roasted garlic dip, and homemade pickles that are delicious. This is my “go to” fancy outing.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We wanted takeout but upscale....so we ordered from Lampy's and my husband volunteered to pick it up. We had 4 people for dinner and didnt want your average takeout pizza, wings or chinese. We started with the stuffed greek tenderloin flatbread- always good and one of our favorites. We ordered full dinners from Lampys'. I ordered the Chilean sea bass which was lightly seasoned with lemon and grilled. We also had the greek chicken stuffed with feta/spinach, lamb shank with rosemary and garlic risotto, and veal marsala. All dinners came with a soup or salad, 2 sides, and they even sent us the loaf of bread that they would usually bring to the table. All main entrees were cooked to perfection and seasoned perfectly. One side - the eggplant was not as good as Grandma's but that was the only negative from the 4 of us.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

On short notice my wife and I made reservations for Saturday night dinner. We were seated in the bar area which was fine and quieter than the main dining room.
my wife had shrimp cocktail-huge shrimp served with cocktail and tarter sauce. She ordered the Caesar salad which she said is the best she has had anywhere. I had the Pear salad which was excellent with candied walnuts and an excellent dressing. The table received fresh local Italian bread with garlic, oil and cheese mixed at the table by our nice waitress. Also a relish dish with homemade dill pickles so good we bought a jar to take home.
We both ordered the scallops. There were 6 large with a delicious sweet potato and maple syrup glaze-delicious!
We don't eat here often even though we are local but we have never been disappointed. This restaurant along with it's cousin is for sale so things may change in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

First I need to say that I love Lampy’s so I am not pleased to be writing this review but in an effort to honestly rate this restaurant I need to express my feelings about my lunch yesterday.
A cousin and I went there yesterday for lunch. The special was a prime rib sandwich. We ordered the soup of the day which was clean of broccoli and the prime rib sandwich. The soup though excellent was not very hot actually hardly warm. We went at noon so maybe it had not warmed up enough. We did enjoy it even if it barely was warm. Our sandwiches came out with dipping sauces of a creamy horseradish and au jus. The au jus was almost all liquid fat. I did try it but could barely eat the part of the sandwich that was dipped. I avoided the creamy horseradish. Both our sandwiches were fatty. I dissected my sandwich and removed the fat. That left hardly any meat left. The roll itself was excellent. More like a Kiser roll which I enjoyed. My cousin just had them box her’s up for literally a doggie bag. Her dog did enjoy it! Our lunches came with fries. The service was excellent. We paid our bill and when I got home made myself something to eat. This is not the standard of this restaurant. I have never been disappointed before so I wools gladly go back for dinner. So sad to write this review as yesterday must have been just a bad day for them.

number5nlampysrests, Front Office Manager at Lampy's Mediterranean Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Hi there. First, we would like to apologize for the disappointment the other day at lunch. Did you let your sever know that the soup and sandwich were disappointing? We appreciate the feedback and wish we had known that day to fix these errors before you left. The owner would like your mailing address to personally mail you a response if you could please forward it to our business email it would be appreciated: jackie@number5restaurant.com
Thank you and again, we apologize for the disappointment.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Another birthday at Lampys. Our Waitress, Emily was simply amazing. Warm and welcoming as soon as we entered. I ordered the filet mignon casino....unbelievable! Wife ordered Greek chicken...same results. Appetizer bread and pickle dish delicious as well. Creme brule for desert...Took food home....Will return for next birthday. 5th time here and nothing different. Great food and atmosphere.