“Exceeded our Expectations ”
Review of Aroma Thyme Bistro

Aroma Thyme Bistro
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Ellenville
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Aroma Thyme is the Hudson's Valley 1st Certified Green(C) Restaurant. The Most Awarded Hudson Valley Restaurant serving New American Cuisine pleasing carnivores to vegans. Offer Farm to Table and Sustainable Cuisine. Take the guessing game out of where your food comes from. Chef Marcus Guiliano prides himself using local and family run businesses from wherever the product is from. Aroma Thyme features 250 craft beers, 300 wines and very well stocked bar. Open seven days. Hudson Valley "Best Of" Restaurant winner since 2003. 90 miles from NYC & 60 miles from Westchester County NY. We are Fido Friendly, well behaved dogs are welcome for outdoor seating. Please check our website for current menus and craft beer selections.
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here last night. We arrive around 7pm and they were crowded. Service was a bit slow but couldn't be nicer. Everything we had was delish. Lobster Mac and cheese app and mussels we so good. Husband loved the brisket and I enjoyed the shrimp hot pot. They were generous with the shrimp. We had a blueberry tarte with ice cream that was very yummy for dessert but I do wish it had been a tad sweeter. This place seems to have something for everyone with a extensive beer and wine list. Not sure how it would be for young children since home cooking takes a little time. Would go back and recommend.

ChefMarcusG, Owner at Aroma Thyme Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Hi Anne
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We're glad that you and your husband enjoyed dining with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I are spoiled.
We have been spoiled by Aroma Thyme Bistro.

We started going to Aroma Thyme last summer when our local brewery was closed for repairs.
We stumbled onto John Simon playing with his jazz trio on a Thursday night.
Wife and I are musicians and John is a legendary music impresario and a fantastic musician and arranger. Suffice it to say his band is also top shelf to be sure. Truthfully, it's ridiculous to be able to see him within a few miles of our home every week for no cover charge!!

We kept on going every Thursday night for the music but slowly began to realize that chef Marcus and his wife Jamie were doing amazing work in ellenville.

Chef Marcus is absolutely one of the most knowledgeable health practitioners in the area. He's not a doctor but he's definitely a health practitioner and wants to keep you eating nutritious food and help you swerve all the garbage that's in the standard American diet. He has hundreds of YouTube videos designed to keep you healthy and informed.

Whether he's talking about sulfites in wine, farm raised salmon, baking soda in your water, lyme disease or goji berries, he is a tremendous resource for your health.
Hell, he's even got a video where he explains every darn ingredient that he uses and how much it costs him and what his profit margin is!
I don't think the guy sleeps.

I think it's safe to say in most cases that Marcus and Jamie care more about the food you eat then you do.

Unless you are very fussy about the food you put into your body, as my wife and I are, and you spend plenty of your own time researching the benefits of certain foods, vitamins and minerals, as my wife and I do, I think it's safe to say that chef marcus cares more about the food and spends more time researching healthy nutritious and sustainable foods then any restaurant owner or chef but I've ever met.

So, suffice it to say my wife and I are spoiled!!

I can't go out to eat anywhere else because I'm staring at GMO corn chips, mystery meat, pesticide laden vegetables, estrogen soaked chicken and fluoridated, chlorinated water in every beverage.

Yep, hard to go any where else after you've been to Aroma Thyme Bistro and seen the love and attention to detail that Marcus and Jamie and the fantastic staff at Aroma Thyme Bistro provide.

See you there!

ChefMarcusG, Owner at Aroma Thyme Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you so much for your review, it means a lot to us to have guests like you to care so much about the food they eat. It is our goal to educate our guests and provide really good food all the time. We take great pride in all that we do and it's great to feel Appreciated! Hope to see you again soon at Aroma Thyme!

Reviewed 4 July 2017

My husband and I love Aroma Thyme Bistro. We are picky about where we eat and do not dine out often, but with the quality of the food and the service at Aroma Thyme, it is easier to just pick up and go to dinner in their relaxed atmosphere.

Hi Kat
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on us. We're glad to hear that you're both fans of us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Great wine, beer and spirits selection. Food is fresh, natural and excellently prepared. If you are in the area don't miss this dining experience.

ChefMarcusG, Owner at Aroma Thyme Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

We're happy you enjoyed your meal and your experience here! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Cool cocktails - lots of local beer and hard liquors and they provide tastings. Great service and nice vibe.

Thank you for taking time to write this review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us! We hope to see you again soon!