All reviewsgroupon voucherbottle of proseccobit datedcakes and sconesmain meallovely wee hotelcooked breakfastovernight staylovely mealfunction roomwell worth a visitshort breakbreakfast was excellentwarm welcomesalad barfirthlimekilns
Reviewed 26 August 2015

Just back from spending a night in this little gem of a Hotel, the staff were excellent and could not do enough to help you. We had dinner and breakfast here and food was faultless, gorgeous little village and well worth a visit, great views of the Forth too.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

My partner and I took our daughters (ages 9 &10) here for two nights stay. We booked the hotel online two nights before our stay as a last minute treat. We were a little apprehensive as we had read mixed reviews about the place but as we drove up we were quite happy. A beautiful little hotel in a quiet setting with sea views. We had a warm welcome at reception as well as in the bar and a table was ready and set for us in the restaurant if we so wished. Craig, a charming young gentleman who was very knowledgeable about the area and gave us great service helped make our stay enjoyable as did the owner himself. The girls were made more than welcome and had great fun, they particularly enjoyed the food which was competitively priced and good quality (as did we). I was on crutches at the time with a knee injury and on our first evening my ankle was swollen, Rob (the owner of the hotel) very kindly brought me some frozen peas wrapped in a towel to ease the swelling which I though was very kind.
The decor may be slightly dated but the place was clean, tidy, friendly and we have already discussed our return next time we are in the area.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2015

Worse food and customer service I've ever encounter. The owners are depressed and will ruin any stay you have there. They should not be involved in the hospitality industry. Food must be reheated in a microwave, wholly inedible. Drink prices are ridiculous for a average village pub.

Not sure how anyone can book this for a wedding.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank pinkyfeet
Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed for 1 night it was such a nice and friendly place.. after our stay we moved on to stirling for a overnight and after getting to the new hotel we only wished we stayed at the Elgin and traveĺled to Stirling we will go back to the Elgin hotel 100%

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Got a last minute offer for £65 to stay overnight for me and the wife and have breakfast the next day.
The first thing that caught my eye was the unusual decor inside, toy cars and dolls in glass cabinets, I did wonder if I had stepped into a time machine (cabinet was caked in dust).
Room was just ok, the bed covers felt like baby blankets in that they were quite thin and not big enough for the bed.
The cooked breakfast was good and the service was prompt this was the highlight of the offer.
As checking out experience goes this was the worst I have had. As nobody was around I rang the bell for attention and the young girl working came into view and moaned at me that she was serving someone else, when i handed the key she asked me to pay even though i had done so the night i booked over the phone. There was then around 5 minutes of confusion as to whether my payment had been taken or not .... it had been but they had to phone later to confirm this.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple