“Great Food”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Super Pollo
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

We are so lucky to have this restaurant open in our town where good restaurants are hard to come by. The food is really fabulous. Anything I've ever ordered was delightful. They're known for their chicken of course which is second to none, but my favorite dish is their flan. Oh my God, you never tasted better! And their fries with the hotdog slices? It's just heaven. Don't eat too much!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Came here for the rotisserie chicken with rice and beans which was pretty good.. though the chicken was a bit on the salty side for me. The green sauce is a bit spicy but very good and complements the food really well. Excellent service. Their phone rings off the hook for pickups.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Fabulous Peruvian restaurant, with delicious chicken. Get the dinner special! Whole chicken, avocado salad, rice and beans, plaintains and fries with sliced hot dogs (yes-hot dogs) all for under $30. Call ahead and they will pack it up for take away or go in and sit and relax. A definite stop if you are passing through!

1  Thank nubbypuppy
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Over the last couple of years, I have seen many of these Spanish/Peruvian little restaurants open up in the neighborhood as well as Rockville Centre and Lynbrook.
Super Pollo is the largest one around and is a chain, I know I have seen one in Long Beach as well. The first time I ordered takeout and got one of the rotisserie chicken combination dinners. The Chicken was okay but nothing spectacular but I loved the beans and rice which was different then beans and rice you make get a t a Mexican restaurant or the beans and rice in Puerto Rican cooking. We had an avocado salad that was pretty good as well. I took a take out menu with me and was very surprised by all the selections, like I said a lot more than just chicken. Well this prompted my wife and I do have lunch there and it is a decent size restaurant with many tables. We were the only non Hispanic people there but I take that as a good sign when native locals eat there as well. My Spanish is passable but I had no problem ordering since the waitress spoke English as well. This time my wife ordered the mixed ceviche and that was awesome, I love raw fish but with the lime and other citrus juice they use to cook the fish with it is very tasty and refreshing. I had the beef short ribs which were very delicious as well but just a little over done.
Overall it was a very good meal and I would definitely go again.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

A small jewel located in a hamlet on the south shore of Long Island. Arguably the best rotisserie chicken you will find. The peruvian seasoning is absolutely delicious. Try the sweet bananas, they are great! Be adventurous and try all the grill items and soups. Even the sangria is superb! Finish everything off with Mama's flan and you leave happy, full and with money still in your pockets. Wish they served cafe con leche.

2  Thank theeye451