“Very good food”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had the best food ever the barbecue ribs were amazing and unusual to be served in a restaurant. I had the Hake which was beautiful the service was slick and all the staff very attentive. Well worth a visit we make Smugglers our first visit if we want to guarantee a good meal at a good price.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Busy pub which took us by surprise on a Thursday evening in May - Hadn't booked but shown straight to a table. The pub is dog friendly. The food was very good, good selection of beers and wine. The service was very good and friendly . I had the fish and chips and my wife has the Thai curry, the dessert was extremely good

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Went to the Smugglers on a Wet Wednesday Evening in May.
Great Beer, Great Food, Great Setting, Fantastic service and Dog Friendly.
We had the Garlic King Prawns Followed by Sirloin Steak medium....The best Steak I have had in a long time.
Very friendly atmosphere a most stop if you are in the area.
A must stop if you are not in the area. Mmmmm
I shall be doing that all the way back to Wiltshire. Mmmmm

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

We were tired of eating from pubs with ‘plastic’ menus as my mum had said, so looked forward to some quality food. Defined as a ‘Gastro Pub’ the Smugglers Den is ambitious in such a description! The starters were lovely, we had the deep fried brie and the the prawns. This unfortunately is where the story ends... we all had the fish and chips bar my son who had the pizza off the childrens menu. I have never had 3 things that taste so bland on one plate. I have had better fish out of the freezer at Asda. There was little fish content and the batter was greasy, the chips straight out of the freezer too. For a ‘Gastro pub’ this was so overpriced and disappointing! Please get the cook to watch a YouTube clip of how to hand fry fish and invest in better quality ingredients! Oh and my sons pizza was straight out the freezer, if i was a betting woman i would have said the bargain equivalent of a Chicago Town!?! Its a concern that if the basics of pizza, chips and fish cannot be relied on, the rest of the menu is most definitely over ambitious!

5  Thank Fowkredders
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Been here with the family more than a few times. Food is always amazing and it such a nice place to eat! Struggle to find anything more english/cornish.