“surprisingly good sushi”
Review of Zokkon

Zokkon
Ranked #42 of 71 Restaurants in East Hampton
Reviewed 24 June 2017

portion sizes are very good-food above average sushi-prices reasonable-sometimes the service can be slow, as there are not many waiters

Reviewed 30 January 2017

I'm a local who lives in East Hampton full-time, and this is the best sushi place in East Hampton. The place in Sag Harbor is overpriced and isn't very good compared to the zookon. The Rolls are always very flavorful and food is always very good. If you're in the mood for Japanese food I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Lucie s
Reviewed 27 August 2016

Elite ’16
4.0 star rating 8/26/2016
1 check-in
Zokkon is an Asian Fusion restaurant that serves Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Thai. It is located across from the Apple Bank. My family and I were craving Japanese after days of eating seafood so we ordered takeout. When we arrived, the restaurant was fairly empty for a Friday night. We waited about 15 minutes for our order to be complete.

To compliment our homemade teriyaki-marinated chicken breast, we ordered Tuna Roll, Shrimp Tempura Roll, California Roll, Sweet Potato Roll, Yellowtail Scallion Roll, Eel Cucumber Roll, Pork Gyoza, and Vegetable Gyoza.

The rolls were delicious and consisted of fresh ingredients but the rolls were smaller in size and more expensive than what we were used to. Among the rolls ordered, my favorite was the Sweet Potato Roll because the sweet potato tempura was fresh, warm, and crunchy. I also enjoyed the Pan Fried Vegetable Gyoza, which consisted of cabbage, carrots, and edamame.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Been going To Zokkon for years. The ambiance of the place is nothing to write home about but the fresh sushi is worth the stop for a no fuss meal in the Hamptons. Love the Naruto Maki- no rice and the green dragon roll...both are refreshing and light.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

It's about half the price of Sen in Sag Harbor and the food is just as good. I've ordered the house salad with the carrot ginger dressing, shu mai, Miso soup, spicy tuna, California rolls, shrimp tempura rolls, chicken teriyaki and the salmon, I've yet to be disappointed. The fish and meats were perfectly done, moist and flavorful. No, thiis isn't NOBU.. but it's a great place for a low key Japanese dinner.