“Owners are as amazing as the surroundings”
other travellers have booked this property
River Ken Cottage
Nice time on the terrace Surrounding area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
River Ken Cottage
Nice time on the terrace
Surrounding area
Cottage with open hill views
Kitchen
Night view
Kitchen/dining with all you need for cooking your holiday meal
Kitchen
Cosy living area with TV, Free view, DVD's, iDock and board games
Relaxing
Bedroom
Bed
Shower room
Shower room
Hill view
River view in moon light
Wildlife
Views from bridge
Winter time
Beautiful winter wonder land - nice and warm inside
Surrounding area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Matthew H
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Owners are as amazing as the surroundings”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Walking, strolling, bird watching running, mountain biking, rock climbing, quiet romantic spots, streams, rivers, lochs, peace and quiet, great place for all the above and more.

Stargazing on the veranda at night was fantastic, a nearby forest has a ark sky award for low light pollution and this place, the stars, wow, lovely.

Walking, there are several peaks nearby and beautiful views, can be dangerous when the weather comes in though, so plan walks well. Easy to navigate in this area due to the valleys and peaks, plenty of deer, I saw an Otter only 50 metres away from the lodge, I was only 2 metres away from him/her.

First morning I woke up there, I looked out the window at the stream and was greeted by a lesser spotted woodpecker, I saw Red Kytes, Buzzards and many more.

Haven't got a single bad thing to say about the place.

I was there when we had a crazy amount of snow, I was snowed in at the end of my time and the owners were extremely accommodating, was splendid, cosy, delightful.

Kitchen was well stocked with everything one needed and the lodge was warm, even in the worst of the snow, want to get snowed in there again!

Will be there again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Every morning while breakfast was cooking, I strolled to the bridge outside and stood with a fresh cup of coffee looking down the valley and the snow covered mountains and hills, I loved the sky on clear nights, property was beautiful and the people
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
10 Jan 2014
Thanks for your positive feed back. Good to know that people appreciate the surroundings as well as the cottage.
Dorthe B
Snertinge, Denmark
“I visited Paradise!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 for a stay in May 2013

In May I stayed at the River Ken Cottage. I had chosen it among others, as the surroundings looked so tranquil, which was just what I needed. The location was perfect, the air clean and the hills beautiful...my next door neighbour was the river Ken, who´s quiet stream sang a quiet lullaby each evening.
The cottage was perfect: clean, and had everything I needed.
The long walks were beautiful, even on a rainy day! I saw plenty of wild life, especially deer and foxes, sheep, and was lucky enough to even see a black grouse, among plenty of other birds. I was happy I brought my binoculars! The setting was so very romantic!
But to top it all, the owners were extremely helpful with everything, and truly made me feel welcome...and yet they respected my privacy too, which I was very grateful for. I cannot recommend this place high enough....I´m sure I´ll be back every year, just hoping they will be able to accomodate me again!!
Sincerely
Dorthe Bentley

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I loved all of it
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
10 Jan 2014
It's nice to be confirmed that we really live in Paradise. Thanks!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing