“Bentos are the best!!”
Review of Samurai Buffalo

Samurai Buffalo
Reserve with OpenTable
Samurai Buffalo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 42 Restaurants in East Amherst
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Samurai Buffalo is established in June 2008. We are committed to serve high quality Japanese & other Asian fusion food to our customers.
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We often stop here for the bento boxes. They are beautifully presented, generous and best of all...delicious!! The lunch size served until 3 pm. is so worth the price of 8 or 9 dollars. I've tried the salmon, chicken, steak and all were great. Each box comes with a small salad or miso soup. The dinner size bentos are HUGE!!! Honestly, a great find and has nice service too.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Where to begin...We had reservations for 14 people at 4:30 on Saturday night. The hibachi grill/table is set up like a large U. A hibachi grill facing either end instead of across the long part. After serving everyone a water with no ice in a glass that was oddly only 2/3 full they took no other drink orders. After ordering and everyone except 2 of us ordering the hibachi, we were informed that they would only be using one of the grills leaving half of our group seated behind the hibachi chef and unable to watch the "show". I'm sorry but part of the reason you order hibachi is to watch the preparation and entertainment of the experience. I told the waitress that we had a problem with that and she said that due to the fact that the table seated 16 and there were only 14 of us that they would only use one. I told her that it left 4 in our party unable to participate in something that they were paying full price for. she then asked me "Why do you have two empty seats here?" I told her we had only made reservations for 14 and that's how many people were there. After a few minutes of bantering with her she finally walked away to ask her manager. They did end up turning on both grills. I'd like to point out that at a table for 16 directly next to us there was a party of 4 people that had a hibachi chef so apparently having to fill the entire table with 16 does not always apply...I was one of the people that did not order the hibachi special. I ordered, along with my sister, the teriyaki chicken. It was brought out 15 minutes before the hibachi chef even showed up to even begin cooking for the other 12 people in our party. We either had to eat it when brought out or wait close to 45 minutes before their meals were ready and hence have a cold meal. My "chicken" was absolutely, positively NOT chicken. It was a spongey mushy and wet piece of I swear I have no idea. My sister and I literally had no words for whatever it was that they were claiming to be chicken. The vegetables were okay but barely warm. The teriyaki sauce was typical. We asked our waitress about ordering drinks. She came out and took our orders for either pop or beer. Without exaggeration they brought 2 of the 4 beers to our table with literally half the glass was foam. The beer was room temperature and only filled half way. We all looked at each other like "are you kidding me??" I did order a Berry Mojito that was good. The hibachi chef brought out a cart with all of the ingredients to make the hibachi specials. The beef were on one tray, the chicken and shrimp on another and the vegetable and noodles on a third. The trays had no cover on them and were stacked on top of one another with the bottom of the other trays directly on the beef and chicken. It was unbelievable. The hibachi chef was good but not nearly as entertaining as one would have hoped. He did cut up zucchini and attempt to lob it into some of our mouths and did squirt water in our mouths but other than that he just cooked mediocre food. I tried some of my daughter's steak and chicken. The chicken off the hibachi was at least real chicken. The beef and chicken were good but nothing notable about either them or the fried rice. When the waitress came to refill our water with lukewarm water with no ice she dumped water into my niece's Sprite. We pointed it out to her that it was not water but pop and she just walked away and did not bring out another Sprite. Everyone in our party was very disappointed with both the service and the food. No wonder we were the only party there besides the group of 4 next to us on a Saturday night. The place had half of the restaurants lights turned off due to nobody being in the back half. I will NEVER return here and will definitely tell others to go elsewhere. It felt as though it was the first day that this restaurant had opened and there was nothing but a folly of mistakes from start to finish. Stay away.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The sushi was just amazing, we had a large group and everyone raved, they had great service, absolutely worth the trip!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Excellent Sushi and the Hibachi is a blast. Extremely helpful and friendly service and the grill chef was a blast! Fresh and tasty sushi with some very interesting hand rolls.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Fresh fish, most important in Sushi, and that's what you get here. Service is friendly and very attentive. "Specials" are good as well and creative. Very clean, can't say that for other local Sushi establishments.