“Food was delicious but had to settle for second choice...”

Falletta's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 42 Restaurants in East Amherst
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2017

We came here for a nice dinner on a Tuesday night. The place was practically deserted as there were only two tables occupied. The location is clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff was excellent and attentive.
I looked over the menu and had my heart set on Pasta Capri (sausage and peppers). The waitress kindly informed me that they were out of sausage and peppers. What??? What do you mean you're out of sausage and peppers?!!?!?
Now, this is an Italian restaurant. What kind of Italian restaurant runs out of sausage and peppers??? It'n not like they have a huge menu. It's not like it was super duper busy and they simply ran out... there were two other tables. How can this happen? So I ordered the Alfredo. It was wonderful. Truly tasty, but not sausage and peppers.
One of my party asked for ranch dressing for his salad. Unfortunately, we were informed that the chef did not make ranch today. Seriously? What restaurant does not have sausage and peppers AND no ranch?
Sounds to me like the chef needs to get his/her act together and make sure they have the proper ingredients for dinner. Again, it's not like they were busy.
I do not want to give you the wrong impression. The food was very very good. The wait staff was excellent. I was just disappointed with the aforementioned issues.
All in all I recommend.

1  Thank SquareBadge

Reviewed 3 February 2017

From fish to steak and a variety of chicken and pasta dishes you can not go wrong. We were a party of four and had a perfect table by the fire place. If you like roguefort cheese, order your salad no matter the dressing with a side of fresh roguefort. It is hard to have just one homemade bread roll. You will take home leftovers to enjoy the next day. If possible save room for dessert.

1  Thank Thomas R
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

Food is very good and large choice of Southern Italian cuisine! Just had their new steak pizza and it was Great!

1  Thank 92josephd
Reviewed 29 December 2016

Very Generous Helpings of food and great Chicken Culterts which my girls Love to Eat! Great Poppy Seed Salad Dressing offered along with other types of Dressing!

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

It has been years since I have dined here and a past experience of a Xmas lunch was positive.
Decided to hold a family holiday dinner here last Thursday evening.
A family member also knew the owner well.
Met for drinks in the bar before hand and "Star" was delightful and cordial.
We were seated in a separate room in a mostly empty facility.
Our waitress Cindy, who I have been told has worked here for years, left a whole lot to be desired.
Out of the gate we ordered stuffed peppers as a table app to share. After a considerable wait, our salads arrived and we queried on where was the apps. Cindy apologized, explaining she just forgot. Not even halfway through our salads and the stuff peppers arrived, smothered in their famous red sauce but considerable under cooked. Clearly, they were rushed out. And @ $10.99, left much to be desired.
Entrees ordered were steak & lobster ($39.99), shrimp scampi ($24.99), egg plant parm ($21.99), 4 oz salmon & veggies ($27.99) & pasta Capri (sausage, peppers & onions) $19.99. On 3 of the entrees, pasta was substituted for a potato only to be charged an additional $4.50 per order. No mention this was a significant up charge.
Halfway thru dinner we order 3 additional glasses of wine which when the invoice was delivered, never arrived but were on the invoice. Again, another feeble apology from a seasoned waitress who only made cameo appearances. I actually had to find her in the kitchen to have her correct the invoice. Again, in an empty restaurant!!
There was no offer to make anything right. At least, write off the app!!
All agreed, for the price the Pasta Capri was the best value for the money.
It was a long time since returning and it will be just as long or longer until I give them a chance again.
I hope the owner reads this and takes the appropriate action with this server.