“A Better Neighborhood Spot”
Review of Zoe

Zoe
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in East Amherst
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Great breakfasts, lunches and dinners. This spot hits all the marks. The only negatives for this spot would be no place to wait for your table - and you will, and the parking - it's tight!

Reviewed 21 April 2016

To be fair, I only ordered beef souvlakis for take out, so that is only one element on their menu. As I drive by, they are always packed. I was a bit disappointed with the souvlaki but this may due to my personal preference. While it tasted very good, this is the issues I had with it. The pieces of beef were small. I like large chunks of tender, marinated beef. And what is it with only giving you a half a pita? I prefer to load a whole pita with the filling and eat it folded over. The restaurant should consider offering alternative ways of serving.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I drive across town, or find reasons to be in that part of town, just to eat here. VERY popular place. GREAT food. GREAT service. Small restaurant, but turnover is generally very quick without being pressured (but there are patrons known to linger;again without pressure). Wait times, if any, don't last long. Currently expanding literally next door .(current restaurant will become catering kitchen). Recipes are from beloved family members.

1  Thank Wendy E
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Had never been there before. I met a friend that lives near there for breakfast. I had steak and eggs, (my friend had only juice.)
The waiter acted like we were not even there. It was late in the morning on a week day, so it was pretty empty.
Really one of the worst attitudes for a waiter I have ever experienced. He was often down right RUDE! He was sitting at a table reading a paper, when I asked for more coffee you would have thought I asked for a kidney transplant!
Check came and it was $34!! For one breakfast and some juice??? Not like it was a T-bone or something. The toast was burned, the steak under cooked, and I was told if I sent the steak and toast back I would get cold eggs! (Nice info in advance, but I did it anyway..he was correct, the eggs were indeed cold!)
Other than being robbed at a hotel diner in W. Virginia during dinner in 1985, this was the worst dinning experance I have ever had.
When I paid the bill I was rudly asked why I left a QUARTER for a tip? I said that "I didn't want you to think I had forgotten you sir! I just wanted you to know what you were truly WORTH!"
Needless to say I would NEVER go back! Not even if it were for FREE!
I HOPE and highly doubt the owner was there that day, as I asked to speak with the manager and was told HE was the one in charge at that time. I pointed out the menue price was NOT what I was charged! He said it looked fine to HIM.(probably knew he would get NO tip..but still had the guts to ask WHY!!) I Pray that he was fired, he must have been or they would have closed by now for good!
I eat out 4 to 5 times per week. The place is close to my friends place, and near where I work. It would have been very convenient to go there a couple times a week. Shame, it could have been a nice place. I am GLAD others have good meals there, I wish I had.
I waited a few months to cool off to leave this review so it would not sound as harsh as it would have if I left it right away. So this is the NICe version!
Good luck to you.

2  Thank Manshooter
Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

The food is so delicious, and the price is fair. We ordered an eggplant for starter and It was so tasty. For entree I ordered chicken and my husband Lamb. We both needed box to go for all this food.

1  Thank Fabiana C