“Great new restaurant on transit rd”
Review of Aperitivo

Aperitivo
Ranked #27 of 39 Restaurants in East Amherst
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Great looking restaurant, New York City feel to it. Very warming and casual. Our waitress was very attentive and pleasant. Martinis were perfect , nice that you can actually taste the alcohol! Also a very nice wine list. Nicely priced. Food was amazing. Stared with lamb chops and crab cakes as an app. Fantastic!! Dinner we decided to try salmon and The vegan pasta. Nice selection of vegan options !! Food was amazing. Great spot. Very nice for being a new restaurant. We will spend the word .. new patio just opened Looked very nice

Reviewed 5 June 2016

Aperitivo is a new restaurant, in a newly constructed building, inviting and fresh looking...so we wanted to give it a try. Modern décor, what there is of it...concrete floors, which make it hard and cold, and high acoustic ceilings, that give a loud effect even when the place isn't crowded.

We dined on the weekend and it was pretty full. Too noisy for a nice conversation over drinks...or anything else for that matter. We had no reservations and were greeted by the owner who promptly seated us at a large 2 top...larger than most tables for 2, I like that.

Menus were given and water poured immediately, water bottle was left on the table. I like that too.

We waited a bit for a waitress to take our drink order...and even longer for our drinks to be delivered. The dining selection was more than expected and diverse. A good variety of small plates, which we opted for. Prices here are about average for this type of restaurant.

Caesar salad with charred lettuce. Have never had it this way and it was fair. Most restaurants will serve bread or rolls while dining...but at Aperitivo, bread has to be requested...hmm. Bread w/oil was hot and fresh. Crab cakes were small (this was a small plate after all), yet very tasty and piping hot!! Love that. Eggplant Napoleon was tasty as well. No dessert menu, about 4 choices our server rattled off. We decided on the peanut butter pie...it was good.

Being in an Italian restaurant, we thought we'd finish with a cappuccino. No cappuccino at Aperitivo. They might want to reconsider that one.

Our bill was delivered before requested...sweet server, but a bit less seasoned than the food.

I visited the ladies room before leaving. It was of course modern with a marble trough sink...and no counter space. It must have been designed by a man. When I put my purse to the side of the sink, the automatic soap dispenser deposited a load of bubbly goop into it. The owner might want to re-think this a bit as well.

All in all, our Apertivo experience was pretty ok...and I'm being kind. They're trying and perhaps after a few months of "getting out the kinks", adding some carpet/window dressings to soften the noise, getting more experienced staff...they could very well make it. We probably will visit again to see how they're progressing.

Open for lunch and dinner. They're closed on Sundays.

2  Thank Mary Ellen S
Reviewed 1 June 2016

Last week was our first and last time here. With concrete floors and no curtains or acoustic ceiling, the noise bounces all over the place. It was hard to have a conversation - and they weren't particularly busy. But the food was more of a problem. I ordered the Warm Brie small plate. Here is the description from the menu: "Warm Brie w/Apple Smoked Bacon Jam & French Baguette". What I got was a little dish of melted cheese of unknown origin that was very salty. The bread was totally stale. My second course was a Caesar Salad. Here is the description directly from their menu: "Caesar Salad w/Hard Boiled Eggs, Croutons, White Anchovies & Romano Cheese". When the waitress served it, I noticed that the edges of the romaine lettuce were black. I tasted one and it was burned. When I asked the waitress why the lettuce was burned, she said that they served it "charred". Am I just not hip enough to enjoy burned lettuce? Perhaps. Why wasn't it described that way on the menu? It was removed from the table. Interestingly, the other two people who got Caesar Salad got nice crisp romaine.

I see no reason to eat here again.

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Last night was my first experience here. I was worried about our dinner after reading other reviews about this restaurant. Unfortunately, the other reviews were on target. The restaurant was pretty busy. I did have reservations and we were seated on time. It took a little bit for our server to come to our table to take our drink order. Then, we had to wait 30 minutes to get our drinks. I even asked about them. The manager did come to our table and was apologetic . That round of drinks was comped.

Our dinner order was taken when we received our drinks. I was a little concerned about how long it was going to take to get our food. At that point, with a completely full restaurant, only 3 tables had their food. 45 minutes later, our food arrived. My dinner was inedible. I ordered the special. It was a pork loin roast. It was so overdone that I had trouble cutting it with a steak knife. The cranberry risotto was just awful. I sent it back. My friend also sent hers back for the same issues. I chose not to order another dish since the food had taken so long to arrive to our table. The manager did not come back to our table after our meals were returned.

The 2 others in our group ordered a shrimp and pasta dish. They both said that theirs were good.

The atmosphere was nice, but a bit noisy. It was hard to have a conversation without feeling like I was yelling.

There are so many other great choices nearby. I won't be going back.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

the restaurant is so noisy that you could barely hear the person next to you. We ordered appetizers and they arrived cold and the wrong appetizer. We ordered one of their specialty drinks and the second drink was completely different than the first. We ordered a salad with a 6 oz fillet and they were out of fillets, so we substituted shrimp. The shrimp were few in number and the small version of shrimp and rubbery. We ordered the seafood pasta and it arrived with a few shrimp - small again and overcooked, and no bouillabaisse flavor as advertised, it was a butter and garlic sauce. The five us us will never return.