“Great Environmental Center”

Alley Pond Environmental Center
More attraction details
Owner description: A great place for kids where toddlers get hands-on experience with various animals and discover nature trails.
Reviewed 16 June 2015

APEC has many nice programs for young people. There are also good trails to hike on the APEC property. The trails are good for birders too. APEC is a gem of a community resource.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have been here twice. On Northern Blvd, it is easy to find, and the parking lot is spacious. The first time my son and I went there after we dined at Mizumi, a Japanese buffet restaurant, across the street. We played mini-golf ($5 for kids and $6.5 for adults) and then learned how to hit the ball, whose price was rather reasonable. Today we went there for a special event catering to Chinese. It was said that the Korean owner wanted to attract more Chinese. They provided free lesson and even free drinks and Korean snacks. Many people showed up. One Taiwanese professional golfer taught the basics. It was a good overview. We then learned how to putt and how to hit. My entire family had found it very helpful and enjoyable. We were told that this place would be under renovation for about half a year. We will return.

1  Thank abuben
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I love the walking path here. It's a great park with great wooded trails in the middle of Queens. It's usually not crowded, especially if you opt to walk the wooded trails. The BBQ/picnic areas get crowded and are taken early.

2  Thank babywe
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Great place to spend time with family and have BBQ or just to spend the day relaxing enjoying family time

1  Thank LAG357
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I went there on Saturday, June 22. The center itself was not as good as some comments described. It was rather small and not particularly educational. But the nearby trail was a pleasant surprise. The not-very-long boardwalk in the marsh struck me as beautiful and even romantic. We saw several canoes pass by. The reefs, bushes and trees brought coolness to the summer day. Definitely I would be back and visited other parts of the park.

1  Thank abuben