All reviews coffee and fruit juice san gimignano pool area restaurant staff air conditioning beautiful countryside small hotel via francigena peace and quiet pleasant stay comfortable rooms room was large home made olive oil flower garden night holiday balcony
Reviewed 10 December 2015

I didn't sleep at this hotel. I had visited it several years ago only for lunch. I liked it so much I returned for another lunch which was very good. This trip I was able to inspect the hotel more and the rooms. The decor is quite beautiful and unexpectedly modern. The lobby bathroom is especially nice. The room I saw had a nice balcony overlooking the grounds and was very spacious. I like this place very much, but you must have a car to stay here. It is close to Certaldo, a very interesting city with a train station, and, of course , San Gimignano which everyone must see. I have slept in a San G hotel and San G villa in the past. But I like the idea of this little inn in the Tuscan countryside better. I think the food is quite good in the dining room. I had the wild boar for lunch. The breakfast room is very charming and bright. I did not see the breakfast offerings. There is a warm and welcoming reception area. There is a nice pool here, too.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Paola V, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Le Renaie, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

Dear friend
who had never stayed at the hotel but, came here twice to have lunch!
Thank you first for coming and visit us the second time and thank you because you were so kind in writing your comments about us. We appreciate what you did. Your description is perfect, in terms of location, room category, food, everything was honestly described.
Unfortunately … you couldn’t see what breakfast is offering, so … I think you should come again and stay … in a spacious room with balcony … overlooking the garden and the nice pool!!
Regards from Hotel Le Renaie

Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

Booked for one night, stayed for two. Could have stayed longer.
Beautiful place, friendly staff. Rooms, bed, location, all perfect. We travelled with our dog, who was welcomed.
My first choice in Tuscany.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Paola V, Responsabile reception at Hotel Le Renaie, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2015

Dear guest,
thank you so much for the short but very nice review. All of us we are happy you find the hotel perfect. We are happy too, to do always the best possible to welcome our guests and let they stay as at home. The same treatment is for their pets. The “hotel mascotte” is our nice dog Dante, so how could it be different? You are welcome again if you would come back in the future. Hello!!!

Reviewed 21 September 2015

Stayed for a few days in August. Room was spacious and clean, we didn't have one with a balcony which was a mistake as we didn't have anywhere to sit other than the bed. Seating downstairs outside wasn't comfortable. Breakfast was okay, usual continental fare. Could have done with kettle in the bedroom! Staff were lovely, friendly and obliging and made good G&T's Quiet and the pool area was lovely.

Room Tip: Get room with a balcony
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caerleelady
Paola V, Responsabile reception at Hotel Le Renaie, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2015

Dear guest,
many thanks for your review. It is a pleasure to read you appreciated our hospitality. My colleagues and I, are always happy to give the needed assistance to the curious visitors that like to discover our pretty region. We hope you can be back sometime in the future and enjoy a nice room with a terrace. Regards from Hotel Le Renaie.

Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

Hotel in a small village of Pancole which is about 10 minutes drive from San Giminano.
Friendly and very helpful staff. Clean and good size room facing the valley to the side of the hotel.
In my opinion better than the terraced rooms.

Breakfast is the usual continental fare and if you a late to breakfast you might find bacon and eggs slightly cold. The tea is of not good quality.

Evening meal is good and tasteful if you decide to stay in.

Watch out for the mosquitos even in September there are plentiful.

Other then those minor gripes the location is pretty central to visiting San Giminano, Siena, Volterra and Certaldo.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
many thanks for your review. It is a pleasure to read you appreciated our hospitality and the hotel position, which is very good for some sightseeing in the central part of Tuscany. Even Florence is not so far. Using the train station at Certaldo, which is just a few kilometres distant, you can be in Florence in less than an hour. The train schedule is available at the reception and there are many during the day. Mosquitoes! Oh annoying friends of the summer! Just a bit of repellent spray for the skin will be the best help to contrast them. Concerning the tea, I’m sure it’s not a will, but just a coincidence that you have found a not very good tea. We usually have different kinds and simply there was not one you prefer. We hope to meet you again on a return trip to San Gimiganno

Reviewed 31 August 2015

We stayed at Le Renaie for two nights as we wanted a hotel near San Gimignano with a pool. These requirements were satisfactorily met. The room was adequate and clean and met our needs however had no view but that wasn't a priority for us. The swimming pool was good however poolside area was limited but there is a bonus of a jacuzzi. The breakfast was satisfactory with a good selction for a 3* hotel. There were some issues with the coffee and tea machine but these were quickly resolved. Overall a nice stay. Ideally located for exploring the local area either by foot, bike or car.

Room Tip: Request rooms to the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Paola V, Responsabile reception at Hotel Le Renaie, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2015

You were so kind and write your review on this web site.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel position and the facilities give the opportunity of a relaxing stay, exploring the best area in Tuscany. You are correct about different possibilities, we are located just on the historical “via Francigena” a good track for biking and walking. Should you can back in the future, we will do the best and accommodate you in a room with a view .. or if you prefer in a room with balcony. Regards from Hotel Le Renaie