“Yummy!”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

The way the booths were set up reminded me of a diner. We had a large group with a reservation at 7pm on a Friday night. It was packed. We arrived a little early. Sat at the bar and our table was ready by 7pm. I had the chicken parm sandwich and it was very good! Service was excellent. Prices are decent.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Enjoy the Hollywood memorabilia at this busy and delightful restaurant in Cortland. Friendly service at a fair price.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We had dinner here with family and met some old family friends while we were back in town to visit. We had the most wonderful time, with fabulous drinks, terrific food and friendly wait staff. We were a large and, yes, somewhat loud group, but the restaurant found a great long table for us in the bar area so we were able to catch up and have some fun. Love the Hollywood decor, we have come here for many years. We will definitely come back.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

At first look you think it's only a diner, then you enter through the Hollywood doors into an amazing Hollywood themed restaurant. Low lighting with neon lighted accents make you feel like your table is setting the mood for an amazing evening. Memorabilia covers the walls and statues placed around, tables and chairs Hollywood themed as well. Great place for family, dates or groups out for a good night. Great food, clean bathrooms make this a must re-visit when back in town again. Right off the highway. Stop and check it out.

1  Thank Travelintheworld101
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I can't speak to the "glory of the past" with this place, but it has often been hyped as a great place to eat with great Italian food. People often talked about huge portions and the great big antipasto salad...whatever that has to do with Italian food, I'll never know...but I digress.
I can only speak to the few visits I have made there and I have never truly enjoyed a meal. Perhaps my mistake is ordering Italian food, of which I know a bit, but honestly, there isn't much on the menu that really turns me on, so I have to go the "Italian" route. Let's just say that if my uncle visited from Italy and he was craving Italian food, this would be the last place I'd take him.
It is not that you can't eat the food, for I did eat most of what I ordered, but there really is no pizzazz. Mostly it is quite bland. I don't know who makes the sauce or what jar it comes from, but they better start again. And people, SALT the pasta water and get good quality imported pasta. If you do the last two, a bad sauce instantly tastes better.
I haven't tried any of the Parmigiana platters as that usually means way too much breading and cheese, at least that is what my friend's Chicken Parmigiana looked like. Italians cooking means you do NOT cover a good piece of meat, vegetable, or chicken in gooey cheese and bread.
I've had their Italian Haddock; called such because, you guessed it, it was covered in sauce. I found the dish flavorless. It was very much lacking in seasoning. I've tried the pizza and it was a no go. It was my mistake to not have asked them to cut back on the cheese. The one dish I somewhat enjoy is the sundried tomato chicken. It has become my go-to dish.
Why do I go? It is that "glory of the past" that I mentioned in the beginning. Usually, friends returning to Cortland for a visit want to go there.
Maybe it was good at one time, though I have eaten there a few times many years ago and I don't remember writing "home" about it.
I wish they would get someone to take a good look at their dishes and revamp them. They need good pasta, a solid sauce, and turn their thinking on what Italian food is. Get some healthy Medittareanean dishes on that menu and I think they may be surprised at the results.
The place is fun but way too dark, and the waitstaff for all the times I have been there has been great.

2  Thank Regina W