“Nice Ambience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

I love the ambience of an old Italian restaurant that had existed for years and years. It was quiet, a nice time with girlfriends, a nice waitress. Bread was excellent, salad was good, meatballs were good. The sauce? It tasted burned. It did.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Picture this: An 80th birthday where seven family members including grandchildren and great grandchildren have traveled from Southern California to join the celebration. The "birthday boy" wants to go to one of his old favorites for dinner. And then, the dinner and service is.....awful. We showed up with our party of 16 (we had called ahead) ready to have a great meal and great family experience. Well, one of two ain't bad, right? Server (Tasha) was very poor in all phases and slow to respond, clear dishes, bring food, keep her lies straight, etc. Started off with drink orders that took forever (there were like two other tables occupied at the time and they had their own server) and the worst martini ever. Proceed to the ordering where it's announced they are out of blue cheese crumbles, but they have blue cheese dressing. Okay, kind of strange item to be out of but no biggie. The blue cheese dressing was a gob of fat that came straight out of either a bottle or a container and was disgusting. Six in our party order veal parmesan. Of course the waitress doesn't come back to tell us they are out of veal parm (they didn't get their "delivery") until we are all into our salads and appetizers (ie, we are trapped). Most switched to chicken parm at that point except two of us order steaks which were cheap/pathetic New York strips. Those that got the chicken parm quickly realize that under the mound of average quality sauce are what were very likely pre-breaded and frozen chicken breasts. Pretty sure my wife's "Portobello Parm" did not include any Portobello's but tasted and had the texture of a frozen & pre-battered eggplant. My mother-in-laws antipasto salad was a joke that was served ten minutes after everybody else's food (waitress claimed it was because they were still chopping up the fresh meats and cheeses, but there were only four pieces of your standard pre-sliced pepperoni and shredded mozzarella). Bread was really good, heard a strong review on the lasagna and the kids didn't complain about their spaghetti. All in all a true disappointment. Ooops, almost forgot the wine list. They don't have one. So you were basically stuck to whatever varietal they had in single serve bottles (one choice of cab, one chardonnay, etc.) No wine list and crappy choices at an Italian joint? Horrible. Hate to be so harsh to small places in small towns but I'm so bummed we wasted a special evening here.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

My wife and I took our 2 year old for a nice dinner on New Year's Eve. We went early to not disturb the late night crowd and it was perfect. Other families were doing the same. They have a nice selection from the child's menu and she would have eaten any of it. My wife and I had a full dinner and one cocktail and the total bill was $46! We even took some home for a good lunch the next day. We'll for sure go back again. Love the pasta and all the sauces and the staff took great care of us.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

I remember when I was younger Comando Pizza was the BEST!!! When the restaurant reopened Pizza was not on the menu but the promise that it would be coming soon gave customers hope. Tonight a friend and I went to Comando and Pizza was on the menu, I have to tell you, Vince's Mom and Dad would be proud. One bite and memories came flooding in. The pizza was by far the absolute best. KUDOS Vince. I will be back for more of the best Pizza in Cortland.

Your review

1  Thank katydid34
Reviewed 10 August 2016

I usually love Comandos. However, on this visit, there was just ONE waitress. Our food took an hour to come out and it was burned. It was a total disappointment as our group had folks from out of town who had to drive home, and for it to take an hour......usually we get our meals quickly. Please be sure, Comandos, to have more than one waitress!!!!