“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #47 of 117 Restaurants in Cortland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

If you are not a fan of the typical franchise dining-- then look no further!! The chef, Gaylord, makes his own soup!! What a welcomed change from too much salt and no imagination!!
Dinner was wonderful. Crisp salad greens. My friend enjoyed his ribs while I had a petite strip steak. Enough food for another meal.
Vegetables are included in the meal!!
Very enjoyable. Just enough background music to make conversation easy and not impossible.
The decor is gentle and not over the top. Entire dining room immaculate.
Wait staff attentive. Everyone seemed friendly and welcoming..
Hopefully they will be adding a lunch menu soon..
The are on my list!!

1  Thank Fli-bi-Night

Reviewed 17 June 2017

We overnight in Cortland on our regular trips between Ottawa & N.Y.C. Uncle provides no fine dining but does provide a charming, non-fast food restaurant with good quality, great service, and a wonderful, welcoming, & warm experience. We supper here each trip and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I had the special, chicken pesto over linguine. It was some of the best pesto sauce I ever had! Everything was fresh and delicious! Portion was big, and cost was low, only $13.00! I would Highly recommend to anyone to try!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2017

We ate there last night - a birthday celebration, group of 7. Everything was nice! My only complaint is that the waiter seemed stressed. I wanted to tell him to slow down and smile. He was very nice but seemed to be rushing too much. He was the only wait staff in our room - that may be why he felt that way but honestly we were very pleased with him and he didn't need to rush around on our behalf. :-)

1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

My wife and I were in Cortland to see our daughter and watch the Cortaca game. After a long, cold day at the stadium we were hungry. We didn't want to go downtown with all the crowds so we tried Uncle Louie's. We were seated right away in the dining room. A little dated but we didn't care as long as the food was good. Our waiter was really busy, but took our order quickly. I was impressed with the way the staff was working to stay on top of all the guests. The food came in a reasonable amount of time. It was good, not great. I would go there again.

2  Thank Eric D