“You can tell they care about food”
Review of Pita Gourmet

Pita Gourmet
Ranked #4 of 113 Restaurants in Cortland
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

First thing to order is Baba Ganoush. It is made with great flavor and I would suggest getting an order to go home. Pick anything on the menu and you will be happy. The staff are family so they will welcome you in. No alcohol and the prices are very good. I wish I lived closer so I could eat here all the time. Not fancy and the bathrooms are clean.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

My wife loves this place. I go along and never regret it, although pitas are not my first choice, being Italian. The friendly guys that run this place educate me that life is not all about pasta (I'm trying).

The food is great. I remember when downtown Cortland was full of life - clothing stores for women, children and men, all kinds other shops, etc. Even in the winter people were holiday shopping in the snow, pushing their kids around in strollers. Now we have tattoo parlors. Just great. But these guys have kept some of the flame alive in DT Cortland. Good for them!

Reviewed 2 March 2017

This is by far the best Lebanese restaurant in central NY. Weather you like Toubouleh, Hommos, Baba Gannush, Falafel or grape leaves its all top notch stuff. Get the Fabolous five and try them or you cant go wrong with a vegetarian Falafel Salad. the fried fish and rice is pretty darn good as well.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

My wife and I are both trying to watch what we eat and this place looked like a great place to have a meal, and all of the great reviews lead us to give it a try. Nice small, family style diner was very pleasant. The cook & cashier who appeared to possibly be the owners were extremely friendly. No real wait at 7 pm on a Friday night and we were seated fairly quickly and the iced tea was different than we are used to, much more flavorful. We both ordered lamb Kebabs, but the waitress appeared to be distracted and I got beef. The salad was extremely basic, iceberg lettuce with small wedge of tomato, feta cheese and house dressing. Kebabs came with onions on bed of rice pilaf. All food was good quality and flavorful, but I was a bit disappointed that the prices listed on the menu on this site were $3 less per platter. I felt like $10.95 was reasonable for marinated meat on skewers, but not sure I would have gone for the extra price. Anyway, like I said, food was very good, flavorful, and people were friendly, just beware of the price differences.

1  Thank JJBAX073
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

My dad and I found ourselves in Cortland after a day at Greek Peak. A quick search for best restaurants on TripAdvisor led us to this place right in the middle of town, and we weren't let down.

The food was authentic Middle Eastern cuisine and delicious. I recommend the kufta kebab and the babaganoush, very yummy. Service was also excellent.

I'd definitely recommend giving it a try if you're in the area!