“Best Pizza in Town!”

Pudgie's Pizza
Ranked #44 of 117 Restaurants in Cortland
Cuisines: Deli, Pizza
Reviewed 27 August 2016

Pudgies has the best pizza in town - always has, always will. It is a treat! Also the chicken wings are the best! Pudgies is consistent - it is always this good!!! My first experience with Pudgies in Cortland was in 1974 (?) and it has never changed !

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Several times I used coupons I received through the mail, as we don't often eat pizza or wings at home. I had appointments in Cortland, and Pudgie's was on my way. I would stop on my way to my appointment, place my order, and give them a time I would stop back. Each time (3), things were ready. We had pizza two different times (once with wings) and stromboli another. Doing this -- and their promptness -- worked well for me, as those times this was our supper.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

A friend brought Pudgie's chicken wings to our gathering tonight. They were very tasty and cooked well (not under or over cooked).

1  Thank Ted_and_Laura
Reviewed 19 March 2016

Pudgie's Party Packs and Family Packs have brought me and our local business to Pudgies time and time again, even though the food is not so great, being greasy and overly bready. For the amount of food and price, it was just the most simple way to go. With that being said, I'll no longer be spending my money at Pudgie's due to the awful customer service and insane wait times that we must put up with whenever ordering from the restaurant.

The past 5 times I've ordered a party pack well in advance of picking it up, and still have to wait when picking it up due to the long lines at the registers. Even on their busiest of nights, the management only has 1 or 2 registers open, slowing the entire line down. Today I waited in line for a half an hour to pick up a pizza and some wings that I had preordered almost 40 minutes before I had walked into the store. Another guest asked if he could quickly pay for his food due to needing to return to work, and an employee told him to "Deal with it; we're busy." Unfortunately for the employee, they weren't that busy - the restaurant is just run incredibly poorly.

The restaurant is so dysfunctionally run it's absurd. There seems to always be a large number of employees working in the restaurant, but these employees are constantly running around, and it looks like few know what they are actually supposed to be doing or what their job duties are. They are given no direction by their supervisors or managers, and this leads to everyone scrambling with no real sense of direction.

Again, due to the horrible customer service and lack of employee organization, I won't be returning to Pudgie's. I'll instead choose to spend my money at the local pizzerias that take pride in their products and treat their customers well.

1  Thank FFCNY
Reviewed 20 December 2015

Amazing window paintings of pop culture images for Christmas.

Tasty hot sub, though not as big as I'd expected. It's not a footlong, but it was very tasty.

However, be prepared. They won't accept your credit card--even if signed, etc--without a state-issued photo ID. This is a hassle when you're walking and not carrying a driver's license. This requirement isn't listed on their website, and they don't mention it if you phone in an order.