“Authentic Italian in a friendly neighborhood setting”

Melodyland Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 113 Restaurants in Cortland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Had second thoughts when we first went inside. At the end of a typical weeknight rush. A great surprise with friendly service and amazing Primavera Pizza.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

One of the best Italian restaurants in Cortland/ Cortland County.
I love their sauce and pizza. their hot sausage is outstanding as will,

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Melodyland formerly could be counted on for a great meal, but a recent experience makes me believe it is past its prime. The restaurant is dated and a little dark, but a pleasant neighborhood type restaurant with friendly staff. Years ago we were regular visitors and had very good pizzas and dinners but had moved away; during a return visit to Cortland, we yearned for a great Italian meal, but were disappointed. The menu is very limited but several specials were offered. The meal included a house salad consisting of chilled iceberg lettuce with a house dressing. Although tasty and fresh, it was nothing exciting. An eggplant dish was just average; it did come with a side of spaghetti and the portions were reasonable so no one left hungry. The lasagna and shells were two other dishes that only deserve an average rating. Melodyland does NOT accept credit cards so be prepared. Prices were moderate and not reflective of a cash only policy. I plan to look elsewhere on my next visit to the area.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

The food at this restaurant is FABULOUS!!! A small, family run business with authentic Italian food! My favorite restaurant!

1  Thank Ann H
Reviewed 10 August 2016

I believe this is the oldest restaurant in Cortland. It has been around since before I was born! I love their homemade pasta, sauce, meatballs and sausage! The ambience is original old - I feel like I'm transported to a time when I was a child . It's just a wonderful place!!