“Good Red Sauce Italian”

Ranked #23 of 113 Restaurants in Cortland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2016

MelodyLand is a fixture in Cortland casual dining. It has been there since at least the 1950s; other than prices, I wonder if the menu has changed in all those years. My last visit was with a bunch of friends; we went to dinner on a December Saturday evening; the dining room was full. I had a plate of spaghetti with sausage, the friend across from me chose Lasagna and we shared. Both were like Mamma would make is Mamma was a 1st Generation Italian Immigrant to central NY. I look forward to my next visit.

1  Thank chasinUpstateNewYork

Reviewed 25 March 2016

We love this place, not only for the hearty, delicious southern Italian classics but for the old-time atmosphere and the home-town service. I got out of my routine and ordered a different entree Melodyland last week...equally delicious! I may mix up the pasta choice just for fun but I can never stray from their fabulous homemade meatballs and sausage.

1  Thank Ted_and_Laura
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

This is my favorite Italian restaraunt in Cortland. Their homemade pasta is great. Great customer service; family owned.

1  Thank Michael_Jewett
Reviewed 14 September 2015

This is a place where saying "some things never change" is a very GOOD thing. Delicious home cooking, attentive and friendly service, and a reasonable price. What's not to love?!

1  Thank Ted_and_Laura
Reviewed 17 March 2015

When our family wants a good Italian meal, we head to Melodyland. The food never disappoints. It's a real mom and pop restaurant that's a favorite of locals. The ambience is simple and hasn't changed in years. My 90-year-old dad remembers dancing there back in the day. Great food at a good price. It's a real gem!

2  Thank crtrptr