“Good brick oven pizza and American food”
Review of Brix Pubaria

Brix Pubaria
Ranked #6 of 117 Restaurants in Cortland
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

I have been here a number of times they have very good thin crust brick oven pizza (I like their margarettia pizza the best). Their American food is decent (soups sandwiches burgers). Great customer service though. With a open bar.

1  Thank Michael_Jewett

Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

A family place in the evening it turns to more of college crowd as it gets later. The pizza is good the drinks are reasonable the restaurant and spacious inside and so it's easy to find seating. There's a restaurant section of our section in a place where you can order and just take your food to go. Even as it gets later in the evening you won't feel like they're going to run you out of town if you're not of college age. The staff in the crowd was welcoming and friendly and although there was a buzz in the air the place was not so loud you couldn't carry on a conversation. Also a great place earlier in the day.
I look forward to my next visit I'll definitely go again.

Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

We have been here twice since we really can't find anything else appealing. The area looks depressed with lots of closed stores. This could be a great area but dont know why the neighborhood is in this condition. This pub has good food and has not been disappointing. The decor is very cool and it was not busy at all for Monday lunch. Last time it was packed on a Friday night. Salads were fresh and wings were great. The only issue is that the grilled romain salad came with breaded chicken when we figured it also would be grilled so attention to detail is important. Waitress was friendly and curtious.

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

Parking was pretty full nearby, but we were at the right place at the right time as someone else was leaving. Nice building and pleasant server. Pretty loud atmosphere, which is fine, as it seems like it's sort of a sports bar. The brick oven pizza was good, but the only dark beer on the menu that night was Guinness. A porter or stout would be a nice addition. We had to make do with a pumpkin beer, which I was sure I would hate, but was actually not too bad. I would return if I am back in the area.

2  Thank Geutz Z
Reviewed 16 October 2015

We came up from the NYC area to visit the school with our son and Brix was recommended by the girl at the college bookstore for a meal. We were there mid-afternoon on a Sunday and sat at a table, not the bar. It was pretty quiet that time of day, but there were several young guys hanging out at the bar watching football. I kind of expected that it would get a lot busier/noisier later that evening when the NY team was playing. We got wings, loaded fries, a chicken, portobella, mozz sandwich that was on the specials menu, and a couple of slices. Supposedly this place is known for its pizza, but coming from the NYC area it was certainly nothing to write home about. The sandwich was terrific and the loaded fries were out of this world. I didn't try the wings, but my husband said that they were just average. Service was very friendly and fast. It seemed a bit pricey for the area of upstate that the restaurant is in. Not crazy expensive, but it would be for a special occasion or when parents are paying, not for a student budget.