“Dinner with friends”

Parkside Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 132 Restaurants in Corona
Price range: USD 31 - USD 40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

This has got to be one of the best restaurants I've been to! Not the fanciest or the most expensive but by far, the best organized and managed place I've ever had the pleasure of visiting! The place is quite large, and crowded on the night we visited. The four of us had a reservation and were seated as soon as we walked in. From that moment on, to the time we left, the experience was superb. The staff was attentive without being intrusive. The servers were knowledgeable and familiar with the menu, able to explain the specials as well as the standard menu items. The service was well timed and well executed. We never felt rushed and at no time did anyone ask "who ordered ...". That was great. On top of that, the restaurant is very attractive, the room is welcoming and warm, adding to the experience. And the food? Everything we ate was perfectly cooked, well presented and well served! I can't wait to return and try more of the menu. Hey - if there were more stars available, I'd use them all! Great experience! Thank you Park Side!

Reviewed 29 October 2017

While this is not one of my favorite restaurants, close friends have made this their 'go to' place. The selection are inconsistent in quality. As a red blooded American/Italian you expect certain dishes to contain certain elements. We ordered both the calamari and the octopus as appetizers, neither had the all too familiar tentacles familiar with both dishes. They tasted like they were prepackaged items and not freshly purchased seafood. The service was good although, while we had a reservation, we were placed in an awkward area and table configuration and were seated 20 minutes late.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

My family for whatever reason goes to this restaurant 4-5 times a week. When I join them for dinner, I always anticipate the worst service and terrible food. Sadly, they never disappoint.
Maybe this restaurant was good way back when, but now it is no longer. However, more than anything, the service is subpar.

2  Thank ClemenzasMom
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

My 95 year old aunt and I stopped in here because we were close by. Eggplant parm, shrimp parm, salads and bread basket all fabulous! Service-attentive but not annoyingly so. House Chardonnay-lovely and reasonably priced.
We will be here again!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

For people who live close to this restaurant I now fully understand why it has been. packed for so many years. I met friends for our monthly night out and this was our destination. It took us over 2hrs to get through with traffic from SI but in the end it's always worth the trip just to see friends. The huge bonus was this food was GREAT. Every appetizer, main dish and desert was terrific. From simple things like bruschetta which was served on crisp thin slices of bread to the tiramisu desert and everything in-between the food was simply perfect. I had pasta with lobster sauce and if they would have tripled the portion I would have eaten it all, and the portion was large. Some of us had oysters on the half shell that were great, large and fresh, they were delicious. Since a few of my friends knew the restaurant well they ordered the house made wine and that was also delicious. They have a small bar downstairs if you need to wait for your table. The bartenders pour very generous drinks. It has to floors. It can accommodate large parties if you have a special occasion. The live singer was singing Frank Sinatra songs and he was excellent. He takes requests as well. They do have valet parking which is necessary because you won't find. parking spot in the neighborhood If you've ever been to Citifield then you should consider going to Parkside. It's not far from it. My understanding is you'll need to make a reservation well in advance. To top off all the great food and service when the bill came I was shocked. For 8 people who ate a lot of food the bill was only $450. The didn't include the bar bill but typically when the 8 of us go out the bill is usually $800 without the bar bill. I hope this review was helpful.

2  Thank 225thomasv