“A step above ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Around "here" most golf course restaurants are more about the golf than about the food. Not at The Greens the food is excellent (by the way the golf is great ) this is truly a restaurant that happens to be at a golf course NOT a golf course that happens to serve food . The current menu is broader than in the past and is supplemented by well thought out specials . The winter months feature an outstanding prix fixe option . Our favorite bar tender in the whole world,Sue works there so stop in and say hi !!

kyleigh-gm, Manager at The Greens at Copake Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Great customers like you make us WANT to go a step above! We're so happy to have you join us so frequently-thank you for your patronage and your thoughtful review!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We stopped by for lunch and, on a whim, ended up playing 9 holes of golf. The service is wonderful, the views are expansive, and the food is always delicious.

kyleigh-gm, Manager at The Greens at Copake Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

So glad you had a good time! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

My husband and I took a ride to Copake Country Club last night for dinner and enjoyed every aspect of it. We ate dinner outside on the deck which has very comfortable furniture and a relaxing atmosphere with beautiful views. Our server, Morgan, was very friendly. Dinner, yum!! My husband had the trout, which was so fresh and I had the duck over risotto, very tender and tasty. We ended our meal with espresso and the blondie cookie sundae.The menu has a nice range from casual to elegant. If you are up for a country drive and a good meal in the summer, I highly recommend this place. Cant wait to go back again.

Thanks for your review! Glad you enjoyed yourselves, we can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Our friend received a gift certificate and invited us along. Being relatively new to the area I had no idea this place existed. The grounds are lively with great views and a warm ambience.

I was pleasantly surprised by the food.

I opted for the prix fixe options and I had an escargot appetizer which was well done. The snails were tender. My veal scallopini entree was fantastic.

My wife had a butternut squash gnocchi appetizer in brown butter and sage. I tasted it and it was the highlight of my evening . She had a seafood (crab meat) risotto for her entree. It was good, but I generally avoid non-vegetarian risottos. Just my opinion.

Deserts were fantastic. I had apple fritters with maple walnut ice cream. Absolutely ridiculously good.

It's a little pricey, but I'd eat here again for special occasions.

Service was prompt and attentive. The staff were excellent.

I'd recommend this place for anyone.

1  Thank JoeMammas

So happy to hear you 'discovered' us! Come out in the summertime so you can experience dining outside!

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Each summer, I get somewhere between 2-5 opportunities to get out to Copake for a weekend. Coming from eastern Massachusetts, Friday afternoon traffic can leave my traveling companions and me on the Mass Pike for hours...yet every second is worth it with The Greens on the other side.

Driving over the speed bumps and arriving at the Greens has become ritual, and each trip is cherished thanks to an unbeatable location, diligent staff, and dynamite menu. The restaurant itself is so versatile that you can often spend too much time here, so for the sake of this review I will graze over our usual routine -

Saturday morning (about 10am): Start our day with an easy brunch, some dynamite mimosas and Irish coffee as we get ready for a day on the course. Perfect, late-August weather doesn't stop us from underperforming on the course, and after 9 holes we decide to call it quits.

Around 3pm we are right back at the restaurant, ordering a late lunch and then enjoying a few cigars on the back deck. Several heinekens later and we realize the sun is going down earlier than usual, and perhaps we have overstayed our welcome...

This is when The Greens ensures you that it is not just any other country club restaurant, as the staff genuinely appears to enjoy our company and implores us to stay as long as we please. On about our 7th hour at the club, we finally decide to relieve the staff of our presence, at least until Sunday morning brunch...

Another Summer well spent at Copake's hidden gem, and we'll be counting down the days until we get back.