“First time here”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Our friend received a gift certificate and invited us along. Being relatively new to the area I had no idea this place existed. The grounds are lively with great views and a warm ambience.

I was pleasantly surprised by the food.

I opted for the prix fixe options and I had an escargot appetizer which was well done. The snails were tender. My veal scallopini entree was fantastic.

My wife had a butternut squash gnocchi appetizer in brown butter and sage. I tasted it and it was the highlight of my evening . She had a seafood (crab meat) risotto for her entree. It was good, but I generally avoid non-vegetarian risottos. Just my opinion.

Deserts were fantastic. I had apple fritters with maple walnut ice cream. Absolutely ridiculously good.

It's a little pricey, but I'd eat here again for special occasions.

Service was prompt and attentive. The staff were excellent.

I'd recommend this place for anyone.

1  Thank JoeMammas
kyleigh-gm, Manager at The Greens at Copake Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

So happy to hear you 'discovered' us! Come out in the summertime so you can experience dining outside!

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Each summer, I get somewhere between 2-5 opportunities to get out to Copake for a weekend. Coming from eastern Massachusetts, Friday afternoon traffic can leave my traveling companions and me on the Mass Pike for hours...yet every second is worth it with The Greens on the other side.

Driving over the speed bumps and arriving at the Greens has become ritual, and each trip is cherished thanks to an unbeatable location, diligent staff, and dynamite menu. The restaurant itself is so versatile that you can often spend too much time here, so for the sake of this review I will graze over our usual routine -

Saturday morning (about 10am): Start our day with an easy brunch, some dynamite mimosas and Irish coffee as we get ready for a day on the course. Perfect, late-August weather doesn't stop us from underperforming on the course, and after 9 holes we decide to call it quits.

Around 3pm we are right back at the restaurant, ordering a late lunch and then enjoying a few cigars on the back deck. Several heinekens later and we realize the sun is going down earlier than usual, and perhaps we have overstayed our welcome...

This is when The Greens ensures you that it is not just any other country club restaurant, as the staff genuinely appears to enjoy our company and implores us to stay as long as we please. On about our 7th hour at the club, we finally decide to relieve the staff of our presence, at least until Sunday morning brunch...

Another Summer well spent at Copake's hidden gem, and we'll be counting down the days until we get back.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

So sad that I just discovered here at the end of the summer. Relaxing lunch with great drinks and burgers. I will be back!!

Reviewed 22 July 2016

We live in Columbia County and there was a time when the Greens was a once or twice a week treat and a special place to take company. What happened???
Service is always good, but more and more the problem is how the food is being prepared in the kitchen. Rarely do we go anymore because we leave sorry we came, but tonight I gave it another try and I'm sorry to say it was so bad I am sitting here hungry while I write this. It was truly dismal!
The fried calamari was served with half the dish being nothing but the fried coatings as if it was the bottom of a bag thrown into the fryer. Sorry our very sweet waitress didn't notice when she served it and the bus gal who picked up the plate filled with fried coatings didn't care. My friend and I both also ordered a bottle of wine ( $32 dollars no matter what type or brand) and ordered burgers because we both know the food is not that good anymore and who can screw up a burger made with high quality tender meat? Well sadly, they did. Half of my med rare was raw and still mooing and my friend who ordered med was closer to what should have been med rare. We split a bottle of wine and the last glass, lucky me, had this odd sugary solid stuff. It had no taste and although looked like glass wasn't, but it wasn't wine either????
We said nothing about the Calamari but the raw burger sitting on my plate and weird stuff in the bottom of my wine glass we thought deserved her attention. She apologized and offered to buy us two glasses of wine as our consolation for a ruined meal, but we were charged full price for everything else!
It will be the last dollar I spend on food at the Greens. We may return to listen to music but eat first elsewhere and stick to a tap beer.

4  Thank ChangingTimesBB
Reviewed 6 July 2016

Our family of 6 adults was looking for dinner in the Copake area on a Monday night. There is not a lot of choices and definitely not a lot open on Mondays. We settled in on The Greens and being a food snob, I had my suspicions. 1st off the wait staff was excellent, prompt and answered all questions knowledgeably about preparations. The food is fresh and procured from many of the local farms. You can also choose from the Bar menu which is slightly more casual. We ended up being very please with our meals and drinks and thankful that the restaurant sat us down for a late dinner on short notice.