“Seriously !”

Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Colonie
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We went here on a Sunday afternoon around 3:00 . Not busy at all . When we walked in , the girls in the front seemed angry that we would dare even show up there ! They didn't say hello when we walked in and seemed annoyed that we actually wanted to sit down . We ordered our drinks which came quickly and ordered our food . We had to wait for the rolls because they were cooking more which was fine by us . My husband got the haddock and green beans with mushrooms and broccoli . I got the "pick 2 things " for my meal . Our meals came out together , except for my husbands green beans . They were cooking them , said the waitress and she said she would bring them out as soon as they were done . So my husband ate his teeny piece of fish and 5 pieces of broccoli , still no green beans . The people next to us ordered their food and it came out minus the baked potato , which was still cooking ! So 15 minutes go by and still no beans . The waitress asked if she could get us anything and my husband said " yes , the green beans would have been nice " . She said she was sorry and asked if we still wanted them . My husband did not at that point because his meal was done . She said she was sorry and said she would see if she could do anything for us with the bill . She came back and said the manager , Marissa , said to take $5.00 off the bill , and would that be okay ? Ummm what would she like us to say . What I would have liked was to be greeted at the door with a "hello" , a decent size piece of fish with an acceptable amount of vegetables including the one we ordered and for the manager to come over to the table , like other managers would do , to apologize for the mix up in the kitchen . As a manager , she should not make the waitress take care of those types of issues and perhaps she should be a little more aware of what is going on in the kitchen . Seriously , how long does it take to cook a potato ? How about green beans ? Aren't the rolls a staple at Red Lobster . They are seriously in trouble when it gets busy ! For a $60.00 meal , it was a total waste of time and money . I will not go back and urge people to find a better place to spend your hard earned money . There are plenty of fine establishments in the Albany area and this was not one of them .

1  Thank Jillbird1

Reviewed 18 March 2017

As usual in this chain, very predictable but good for the money.
Lobster and shrimp alfredo is great.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

I have been to this Red Lobster for many years and the baked potatoes are always perfect! And the salads are always clean. I had Parrot Bay coconut shrimp and was very satisfied. My friend had the Sailors platter and was also satisfied. My grandson had the chicken and French fry kids meal. Not good. The piece of chicken looked like it was microwaved and was hard to cut, the FF were over cooked. The blue cheese dressing makes me feel sick. It's bottled dressing. I don't know why they just don't make their own! The Cheddar Bay biscuits were excellent. Overall we were satisfied.

1  Thank Elle12010
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

I used to come to the red lobsters as a child so was really looking forward to this. I had the shrimps for starter which was really good - service was helpful and friendly.

Then I had the signature steamed 1 1/4 Llb Maine Lobster. I chose to dissect it myself - only comment was I had to ask for the bib half way through and there was no finger bowl provided - a bit of a must.

It tasted superb and was exceptional value for such a great meal.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We love the service --always friendly and appropriate -- and you get the notion that the staff is really into doing a good job -- no one is ever phony or saccharin and we've been 6 or more times in the last few months. The food, well -- hard to believe at a chain where every dish should be cookie-cutter -- seems to always surprise somehow. Sometimes it's lovely and perfectly cooked, while other times even the most expensive dish comes out "brown" -- everything on the plate is the same color (!) and looks altogether disheveled. Special orders seem to stress the kitchen staff, so if the restaurant is busy, don't ask for a substitution.

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!