“An excellent find with lovely middle eastern dishes”
Review of Alaturco Mediterranean Cuisine - CLOSED

Alaturco Mediterranean Cuisine
Price range: USD 10 - USD 40
Description: Delightful Restaurant that every body prefers, because of delicious food, impeccable service and reasonable cost.
Reviewed 15 August 2017

This menu and all dishes we tried were exceptional. We had the appetizer pick 3 to start with AMAZING cauliflower that was like melted cheese inside it because of its tenderness. Also artichoke hearts and some spread. I had delicious salmon and spinach. Heavenly desserts and turkish coffee that was not too strong served in a beautiful cup. Attentive service.

Idareci, Owner at Alaturco Mediterranean Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hi Diane
Thank you for this nice review. We will use it with your permission on story board of Trip Advisor.
Please come back anytime and make us happy with these kind of comments.
Cheers
Guven

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Really nice place! I will definitely try this place again. I love Turkish food! Portions are large so be prepared to take home some leftovers. Everything was delicious and service by waiter Yitesh was perfect.
I have 2 things I would suggest. As many restaurants serve fish whole I would suggest a boneless option. The Branzino was delicious but Can get quite messy when deboning at the table. The fish was very buttery and soft. Most likely cooking the fish whole gives it this effect but I would not mind a deboned fish.
Lamb shank was delicious but the potatoes and rice were a bit undercooked. It did not matter to me much bc I was avoiding the starches but for other customers it may matter.
Thank You for the great service and delicious food!

guven y, Owner at Alaturco Mediterranean Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Thank you for your nice words. We take pride to serve our guests and making them happy in our restaurant. Please comeback soon and try other items in the menu. We also would like you to tell about us to your friends.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Guys;

I wish you answer people with negative feedback and work on them like you strive to reply those people giving you the 5 stars.

We were constant customers, eating or picking up a dinner twice or thrice a month 'almost every weekend' and we noticed that the service went down totally with time. The food portions became so small, you used to put for the mixed grill for two half white rice/half red and pita bread but the amount decreased for just half white rice and even the pita bread is less amount.

-rice is undercooked and not fresh 'as if cooked few days ago'

-value is still the same or maybe increased with decreased portions.

-since the last time we decided not to come back and I sent a message to the restaurant and they did not even care to reply.

-maybe this happens only to the pickup orders because when we used to come the food and service was waaaay better but still it is unacceptable if you depend that ppl taking their food at home will not complain about the bad experience then you are wrong.

I love Turkish food big time but you are a disappointment for me so I go Greek when I crave mediterranean food. Thank you!

Idareci, Owner at Alaturco Mediterranean Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Hi Cyrina:
We are delighted that you write to us.
We (don't try) we communicate with every body either through their reviews or personally in the restaurant. It is the first time we are hearing comments about the size of the food, amount of rice with mixed grill and freshness of the rice.
First, we make our rice every day fresh. Second, size of rice canot be smaller, because we measure them every day with the same cup. It is impossible to make it half even if we want to serve half.
We apologize for anything is not pleasing you and certainly correct everything you suggest if they are wrong indeed. Next time please be my guest we will eat mixed grill together and measure the rice and check the freshness.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We headed out for dinner one Thursday evening. The meal was wonderful from appetizers to baklava. Feta cheese plate- must try cauliflower, falafel dinner, grilled salmon, baklava and American coffee. The only comment is the beautiful thick salmon fillet was undercooked in the thickest part. At that point the diner was full from the rest of the meal and we said nothing. Our waiter was pleasant and efficient. Amazing hummus, amazing falafel and baklava. We will be back.

Idareci, Owner at Alaturco Mediterranean Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Thank you for your nice comment. We are constantly striving to meet your expectations and serve you better.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious. The service was nice. The ambient was warm and wonderful.I will visit again.Thanks

we lov your comments.

Please comeback and you will even be more pleased with our new surprise. Leave your email with us you may win a $55 values bottle of Turkish wine.