“Quite Pricey!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Top notch food, staff and atmosphere. I don't mind treating myself to a guilty pleasure but it must satisfy my itch. The portion size was the only thing that spoiled the meal.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was highly recommended to me by a friend. I made dinner reservations for a Saturday night with high expectations; however the Johnston House missed the mark. We dined outdoors in a lovely courtyard setting. There is an upscale feel to the place. However, most patrons were dressed in casual attire. My largest criticism is the length of time it took for us to receive our dinner entrees; 50 minutes from the time our orders were initially placed. The waitress was kind and attentive, twice stopping by to tell us she would check on our order (without prompting). When our entrees arrived, we felt that they were good, but not great. I was expecting a more flavorful sauce to accompany the Osso Bucco. My husband ordered tenderloins served with Chimchurri sauce and ended up scraping the sauce off his dinner. We both had mashed potatoes, which were just okay. The side asparagus was soggy. Where this restaurant receives high praise is the honesty and resourcefulness of its staff. We accidentally left behind an expensive camera with no identification on it. The staff must have cross-referenced our dinner reservation with our table and called our cell phone to let us know about the camera. This incident made up for some of the disappointment. I hope we just happened to come on an off night because with a little tweaking, this place could be great.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

The food here was outstanding ... gourmet. There is seating outside in the garden which is lovely on a cooler day. We ate indoors because the weather was so hot. Inside the restaurant is separated into cozy rooms. The chef did a wonderful job on my duck. Beautifully presented and tasted amazing. I highly recommend this restaurant .

1  Thank Denise S
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Had a lovely lunch here yesterday. Fabulous food, great atmosphere, friendly service.
Definitely will return again!

1  Thank Deborah P
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Recently, visited the Clayton area and had dinner at the Johnston House. The front of the house staff was friendly and helpful, the waitress was attentive and informative. My dinner was delicious, so, my kudos to the chef!

2  Thank LivingLargeLinda